Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014

Snowpocalypse. Snowmageddon. I've heard both words bandied about numerous times in the past few days. Needless to say the 7-8 inches of snow the Portland area has gotten in the last 48 hours has been newsworthy to most and definitely noteworthy to me. Though I'd never describe myself as a Florida girl, that is where I'm from so this is A LOT of snow for me.

School has been closed. Work has been sporadic at best. My children have gone outside and played in the snow. Together. Willingly.  We've been hunkered down playing games and eating warm foods. And Jay and I have been drinking our snow day cocktails, (which are different from our usual cocktails in name and drinking time only. Vodka at noon? Why not?)

But tomorrow things should get back to normal. The snow will stop falling, the ground will begin to thaw, and work will resume.




And I couldn't be more thankful.

 I love these people but if my schedule doesn't get back to normal soon, I may lose it.


4 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

Lol. I'm totally with you. :)

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

I'm such a wuss. I just couldn't do it. I'd curl up and die.

Anonymous said...

Im glad , for your sake, that it hasnt lasted long. But isnt that one of the reasons you moved there? At least its a change in your routine, although not being able to go to work kinda sucks come pay day.

Tammie said...

i moved here for the moderate temps and the rain. this snow isnt for me! i like it for about a day. (and fortunately for me, i get paid either way in situations like this, whether i go to work or not. it pays to be lower-middle management. ha)