Thursday, January 23, 2014

Wednesday January 22

This girl:



*Recently turned nine. I can't believe it's almost a decade.

*No longer needs speech therapy. Today, officially and in writing, the stutter is being managed and is under control. We are immensely proud of her. Her teachers (Kindergarten until now) are impressed with what she's accomplished. Our beloved speech pathologist says it's 'rare.'

*Is lovestruck. She announced today that "David" kissed her on the cheek. She likes David because, in her words, he "doesn't bitch and complain constantly."

*Is a little bit crazy. For instance, on the way to the yogurt place she was sitting in the front seat of the car and Monty was in the back. They were arguing about something when she said, "Monty, I'm going to teach you some sign language." My sweet nine year old girl held up her middle finger until her big brother laughed. That's my girl.

*That yogurt cup? Yeah, it's filled with the weirdest mixture of odd flavored yogurts and Nerds and Brownie pieces, and Gummy Worms. It's disgusting. I tasted it. It was tartness and garbage.




4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

She is looking so grown up!
I went to speech class for 7 years. I stuttered and said my R's like Elmer Fudd. Attractive huh?

Daphne said...

That is so awesome. She worked so hard! (I have to write a blog post too.... why is it so hard now?)

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

Love it! Happy Belated Bday and all that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome that she made such good progress. You have every reason to be proud. She definitely is a unique child, thats why we all love her so much.