Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Random Thoughts

* My first few shifts at work have been spent doing research. Hours spent in the back room at my new job reading books, watching videos, and taking quizzes. The new job is pretty strict about the amount of knowledge it expects. Which isn't a bad thing, I'm up for the challenge. But it's been intense. At my last job I had reached the point where I could solve most problems with my eyes closed. It was a no brainer.  So, 'the challenge', while fun and exciting, is also draining. I like it when I reach the point in a job when I know everything. That's a good feeling.

*My new job requires that I wear black. Head to toe, black. This is tough for me because I've spent my lifetime avoiding black. Being the animal lover that I am, I'm pretty much covered in hair that is not my own at any given moment. Not only from my own beloved pets, but from any random scabies covered animal I happen to come across. Plus, have you been shopping lately?! NEON everywhere. It's horrible. Acquiring an ample work wardrobe has also been a challenge.

*Jay and I are going to a Born Ruffians concert next Friday. It doesn't start until 9. I might have to nap earlier in the day. Because I'm old.

*The other day I was joking with Monty, calling him a jerk and saying that he wasn't very nice. He THEN related a story of how a while back he bought, with his own money and by his own initiative, a bag of Taco Bell burritos for the homeless man who panhandles near the grocery store closest to our house. Hello?!!? What?! This is the kind of stuff I'm preaching about all the time! Appreciate that you are so lucky in so many ways and then just be good to other people. The fact that some of what I nag about is sinking in and my self obsessed teenager might actually be a nice person, almost brings tears to my eyes.





6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh the dreaded black clothes and animals! I have discovered this issue and I like to wear a lot of black. Izzy is now blowing her winter coat and my goodness we are a mess around here right now.

Love your kids! Damn good parenting Tammie. They do see and hear what you say dispite what they say and do most days. What a kind and wonderful young man.

Cyndy Newsome said...

Go ahead and buy a huge pack of lint rollers. I wear a lot of black and they are a necessity!
I love love love the Monty story! Parenting WIN!

Maria Rose said...

I embrace the hair. I wear black and have pets. We keep lint rollers at each exit, but there is inevitably a lot of hair. Some fabrics do better than others.

Daphne said...

I am so happy for you and your new job! It's fun to learn (but scary at first). I wear a ton of black. I like to get on-sale long-sleeve Ts from the gap and stock up.

and you are making really great world citizens. good job!!

Visty said...

Aww, and to think back to the time when you told me, "WHERE does all his money GOOOOOOOO?" love you.

Run Lori Run said...

I keep lint rollers all over the place too. That's what having cats will do to you.... Good luck with the new job!