Friday, May 17, 2013

Hanging With the Band

Last Saturday night Jay and I had a date night and concert tickets to see Born Ruffians. Here is a bulleted list of the evening.

*We arrived at the venue about two hours before the show was to start. Fashionably overeager and mega-early, that's how we roll.

*As we waited in line for our place to open, we looked across the street at the (considerably larger) crowd waiting to get into the Sara Bareilles concert. Sorry Sara,  Ruffians fans are hipper.

*Once in, we headed to the bar because of all the time we had to kill. While Jay was ordering our drinks from the salty bartender, I was trying to not be a dork-wad-Mcspaz-a-tron over the fact that THE BAND was at a table near us. Jay later tried to covertly take a picture. It only sort of worked.


*As noted in the picture, Mitch came and talked to us. Not really because we are exceptionally fabulous  and rock stars want to be near us, but because our table was close to the bar. While Mitch was talking to us, Luke came to the table to bring Mitch his beer. I could have pinched his tiny little butt. I didn't though. Not gonna lie, kinda regrettin' it.

*Also noted in the picture: I'm pretty sure we were the oldest people there. When Mitch was at our table I said, "Be honest, are we the oldest people in this room?" He looked around and said," Nah, but even if you were, that just means you're the coolest." He was totally lying but I'll take what I can get.

*Once the concert began, it was loud and fun and young and I felt alive. As a mom, I sometimes don't feel alive. In fact I feel as if my life is being sucked from me. It's good to return to the land of the living every once in a while.


*You can never escape being a mom though. There was a girl dancing next to me. She was fun and a little dorky. All I could think about was how I wished Monty could meet a girl like her. That's just what moms do.

*Even though Jay and I didn't fall asleep until after 2 and we both had work the next day, all I could think about was how we need to do stuff like this more often.

I always think that. Every time.







8 comments:

Cyndy Newsome said...

I hope I can, sometime in the near future, find a way to use Dork-wad-McSpazatron in a sentence.
Glad you had fun!

Tammie said...

cyndy, i stole it from spongebob. i get all my best material from him. :)

Daphne said...

Love it. Whatever makes you feel more alive -- do more of that! You guys need to come down here for a weekend! Much aliveness!

Maria Rose said...

Wonderful!

Violet Marbles said...

I hope you get to do things like that more often too! Tim and I got to go to a prom recently and we had a ball!

Jadie said...

Can't deny it--I'm a Sara Bareilles fan. And yes, you are totally hipper than I am. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sounds like a great time! Love date nites.

This is my life. We are always older than everyone at any given event or concert. Went to this blues festival on the beach in Annaplois. Rick said except for BB King who was obviously playing, we were the oldest people there. (johnny lang is still in his 20's) That made me laugh, sad but true.

Tammie said...

jadie: oh i never said that i personally was hip, just that a lot of the people at the concert were very cool. i fully admit to being a big ol dork. :)