Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Almost Summer

The kids have about ten more days of school. The end can't come soon enough for me. I have a hard time getting myself  up out of bed and out the door, much less two other people. Especially the youngest of the two, who has a morning disposition much like her mother's: unpleasant.

We have nothing planned for summer, but I'm sure the days will be full as soon we only have the work schedules to plan around. I foresee Tuesday hikes, impromptu trips to the beach on a Wednesday, or just lazy days spent not doing much of anything.

The weather here has still been cool, with highs barely reaching the sixties. The sun was out today though so after school I grabbed Lucy and her buddy for some pool action.

What the pictures don't show: Me wearing a sweater, lightweight scarf, and my fuzziest boots. 

I don't mind. Come August, I'll be praying for the day I can put my fuzzy boots back on.

7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Being low 90's here I can tell you that you are just fine at the temps you are at!

"I no go outside" per my seamstress.
"I am pale like shoes."

Anonymous said...

Schools next Tues. here. Already dreading the long hot disgusting miserable summer. Hope the pool was heated

Tammie said...

definitely heated!

Tammie said...

peggy: your seamstress cracks me up!!!!!

Cyndy Newsome said...

Is that pool heated? I'm getting cold just reading this post.
MIL's pool is just now getting warm enough for me, but I'm a total wuss.

Tammie said...

cyndy: definitely! the heated pool always opens memorial day weekend. we have an unheated one as well but it usually stays untouched until august.

Visty said...

Uh, we want to come to the pool with you! I hear it's supposed to be warm all next week!