Monday, April 15, 2013

Horoscope

"Take care now--that last risk you took had hidden costs."

How did the horoscope on the Yahoo! homepage know that I recently got a $260 ticket from a traffic camera for not coming to a complete stop before making a right turn on red?

It's been a stressful couple of months:

There was the above mentioned ticket, which made me weep for days. Not just because of the cost, but because I've now ruined the perfect driving record I've had for nearly two decades.

I was sick for about three weeks, the sickest I've been in my adult life. When I finally broke down and went to the doctor I had a sinus infection, bronchitis, and a little bit of pneumonia thrown in for fun.

I've been job hunting, which, even under the best of circumstances, is never fun. But when you're doing it while being sick, it's even worse. On the day that I got my ticket, I was on my way to a job interview, had just finished working all day with my least favorite co-worker, and I had a fever of 102.6. Still the traffic camera took no pity on me.

What the heck?! Did the month of March not get the memo that this was to be The Year of Tammie?

But.....the ticket will get paid, I'm healthy again, and the job thing has worked out (more on that in a future post), so now that March is over I'll forgive it for dumping on me in such an unfriendly manner.

Let The Year of Tammie resume.


2 comments:

Liesl said...

Maybe all the crap is getting out of the way in one go? Smooth sailing from here on! Be well, Tammie. (I've missed your posts.)

red raven said...

Glad you are back. The other 11 months in the year of Tammie will be even sweeter when compared to March, right?