Friday, April 26, 2013

Lately.....

A few recently snapped photos.......

Cinnamon pine cones (Christmas year round, bitches!), a birdhouse made by the girl in her after school gardening club (topped by a bird made for me long ago by Hester, and a lovely blue jar found while antiquing with Visty. (I've written about the vase before, made by Catherine Reece.)








A Carter/Mondale poster purchased for Jay at the aforementioned antique shop. Jay's a huge Carter fan.

Lucy playing with Julius. Julius is all boy and tons of fun. He's no Isabelle of course, but he's sweet and fun. He's furry family.



Ants! I bought this ant farm mainly for the girl but the entire family has become smitten with it. Who knew that watching ants at work would be so relaxing? (This photo was taken two days ago. Numerous tunnels have been dug since then. Ants are busy, yo.)

I've been trying to do that more, bringing my camera with me when I go places, or even just remembering to grab it at home before a moment is lost. Life has been happening fast lately and I feel as if, even though I'm an active participant, I'm still missing something. I need to be better at documenting it all.

A few favorite things I don't have pictures of:

* Drinks last night with co-workers. Ladies who, after tomorrow, will be ex co-workers. As displeased as I've been lately with my work situation, these two gals have kept me sane. I'm excited about my new job, but I will so miss seeing these two on a regular basis.

*John Hodgman! Jay and I went and saw him last month. So fun. We really need to do stuff like that more often. As much as I scoff about the cost, I never regret a Date Night.

*Salt and Straw.  Odd flavored ice cream. (Pad Thai Iced Tea? Delicious!)

*Kornblatts Deli. The best bagels in town and a Seinfeldian menu. I must go back for the "Big Salad."



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, nice pics,Lucy is so pretty.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sounds like fun, was it a reading?

Beautiful photo's. Lucy is really getting big.

Maria Rose said...

Looks like life is going well.

Daphne said...

I want Pad Thai Iced Tea ice cream!

I thought of you last night as I signed up to go see Barney Frank speak in a few weeks...

Tammie said...

peggy: not a reading but more like seeing any comedians show. it was great!

Cyndy Newsome said...

I love the bird house and vase!!