Sunday, February 24, 2013

Long Time No See













Where have I been?

I fluctuate between having time but nothing to write about and something to write about and no time.

And then I feel like a loser because there is so much that I could have written about but never did. I never finished writing about California, and I really should because the trip was so wonderful and I think about it often. I haven't bragged about Monty making the honor roll or the fact that Lucy gets more and more independent every day and how I love the big girl that she's becoming. I haven't written about the books I've read, the movies I've seen, or the places that I've been. I didn't tell you that I lost track of where I parked the car in the most confusing parking garage in Portland when I went on a job interview for a job that I didn't get. I haven't mentioned how I'm always on the lookout for a new job because I read somewhere recently that "A man is not a financial plan" and that has stuck with me and further reinforced the fact that I need to be able to support myself and the kids.

I've just been living my life.

But I miss this space. The majority of my internet time used to be spent blogging now it's spent on Facebook or Pinterest. Hopefully this is all just a phase.

(All of the above photos were taken at a local wildlife refuge that is just minutes from our apartment. Scenery wise, it's not my favorite, but I do enjoy the ease of getting there and the fact that we can work in a quick hike before the kids get pissy. No one likes pissy kids. Plus, the fact that they have parking for hybrid vehicles makes me feel special.)

8 comments:

Daphne said...

You've been missed! I need to write you an email... yes, the South...

Tammie said...

i need to write you an email too! every once in a while im like, "i really need to tell daphne XYZ." and i never do. but i will. SOON!

Cyndy Newsome said...

Woah, photos of the elusive Tammie! ;-)
Good luck on the job hunt. Congrats to the kids!

Carla E said...

Yes you have been missed!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

So good to "see" you again!!

I LOVE the pic of Jay. That made me laugh so hard it was difficult to keep my coffee in.

thx....that helps on a monday mornin'

And btw - rick didn't know about "her" 10 yrs ago so he doesn't know the difference. But sloppy seconds I MUST tell him about that will make him laugh.

Nowheymama said...

So glad to see how you are!

Kashoan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair! We could almost be sisters.

Run Lori Run said...

You've been cracking me up on Facebook but I do miss you here too... I feel the same way tho, I've been neglecting my blog, too busy with life...