Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday January 13

Winter has officially arrived. I think the high today was 28, which is pretty cold for us. Jay was at work and the boy piled on a bunch of clothes and went to the skate park, so it's been just me and the girl at the home front.

We puttered around all day, each doing our own thing, until late in the afternoon when she and I (and both pets) decided that Mom and Dad's bedroom was the place to be, what with its comfy bed and access to sunlight.



Quickly it became obvious that she wasn't going to let me take a nap, so we listened to music, played board games, created with fake snow, and just lazed around.


Now she's watching TV and I'm snacking on rum balls left over from the holidays.

For most of my life, I hated Sundays. It wasn't until recently that I realized my hatred for the day stemmed from the fact that I was forced, first by my parents, later by my own fear and sense of obligation, to go to church.

Once you take away that burden, Sundays can be pretty sweet.

10 comments:

Violet Marbles said...

"Winter has officially arrived" HA! It was 79 outside today. Don't you miss the south? LOL

Tammie said...

Ha! i dont. it was 82 in gainesville today. ill take my coats and scarves over another day of AC anyway. ;)

Anonymous said...

It was STUPIDLY HOT today, I got in the pool, shouldn't there be some law against it being so hot in Jan. God, I hope this doesn't mean that we are in for a miserably long hot summer!!!! Wish some of that cold weather would come this way! On another note.... sounds like you and Lucy had a good time. Rum balls... yum, haven't had those in a long time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have never had rum balls but I think I'd like 'em!

I so understand your feelings of Sundays. Never liked 'em as a kid for the same reason.
As soon as I moved out of my parents home I realized it was now my favorite day of the week. The lazy Sunday is my favorite. We can do nothing important for hours and love every damn minute of.

Girl About Chelts said...

Absolutely beautiful photos :)

Tami said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Cyndy's blog.

It is getting cold here. Bitter cold. I hate the cold.

There was a time our family went to church and I really enjoyed it. Eventually we drifted away from it and never got back into the routine of going again.

I enjoy my Sundays when we don't have to get up early for one of my son's hockey games!

Have a great weekend!

Visty said...

I love that picture of Lucy. I keep coming back to look at it again.

Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you that probably every Sunday for the past 20 years I have said, or thought, "man, I am so happy I don't have to go church.". It just never wears off for me! Tracy

Run Lori Run said...

I'm digging your b&w photos too!

The sunshine today was needed. This winter seems never ending to me! But the seed catalogs are starting to come in the mail so there is hope...

Aleta said...

You had me at rum balls... still can't eat them. But after Monday? :) Hm, are there food restrictions when/if one breast feeds?