Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15

A few months back Jay purchased an annual family pass to the new Portland Aquarium and we penciled in a day during opening week when we would pull the kids out of school and go as a family.



That date was this past Friday.

As we drove we listened to the news and I was so thankful to have my people with me. Safe.

Since then I've felt a range of emotions. Sadness, confusion, anger, grief, and even guilt. Why do I get  to have my family here, healthy, and looking forward to Christmas?

Even though the news has been on in our home a lot lately, Lucy has no clue about what happened. She's forever in her own happy little world. Sadness doesn't penetrate it too easily.


Monty gets it though. He's a news junkie to begin with so he's already heard way more than I would have liked.

As I look at these pictures of my rag tag crew (taken at a local park on the way home from the aquarium),

I cannot believe how lucky I am.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you are lucky, you have a close-knit family.I love you guys and miss you very much. wish I was there to enjoy all the fun things you do.

Daphne said...

Hugs to you all.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Its just impossible to wrap my mind around it all.
Beautiful pictures.