Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Even though we bought our pumpkins at the grocery store this year,  this past weekend we headed out to the pumpkin patch anyway. It just seems like the thing to do once autumn comes.

We always seem to end up on Sauvie Island, which is filled with farms, some small, some so large that their fall celebration seems more like a carnival. The first farm we went to was like that. It was the big one, the farm everyone heads to the island to go to. It was super crowded and there were a lot of people milling about sucking down sausages. I'm not gonna lie, we succumbed to various meats (the menfolk) and greasy elephant ears (me and a couple of crumb snatchers):



After our bellies were full (well, partially) we left and headed to the other side of the island to go to Krueger's Farm. Krueger's is my favorite and this is our second year going there. It's still really crowded but it has a laid back vibe. Monty calls it the hipster pumpkin patch. Whatever, I still love it. I think that if I were to live on a commune, I would want it to be with everyone at this pumpkin patch.

(It's going to be a sad day when the girl stops letting me pick her clothes. Her outfits put me in a good mood.)

Farm life:


Floppy haired boy band who reminded me of Mumford & Sons.
These guys were adorable and sounded great. I would have loved to have put them in my purse and taken them home with me. Sadly, kidnapping is frowned upon.

While Jay and Monty ate more meats and I sipped on a very dark beer, the girl ran through the flowers:




Lastly, the corn maze:

As you can see by some of these pictures, the grey skies and rain have come and I, of course, couldn't be happier. I feel renewed this time of year. I have more energy and creativity.I love Fall.

10 comments:

Daphne said...

ooh, and I love your hair! super cute. and I agree, the girl's outfits are fab. I just got my pumpkin yesterday; we are trying to decide what our Halloween activity is going to be. One theater show for sure. I'm trying to pitch a case for a haunted house as well..

Maria Rose said...

Looks like a great time!

jessie said...

I can't get over your hair. I love it. covet the color and cut!

Anne said...

Aw how awesome. You're lucky to be near a pumpkin patch!

I love fall too, I know exactly what you mean :)

Anonymous said...

Is it really that cold up there already? Some of the folks look all bundled up. Must be nice

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Beautiful. I love pumpkin patches and fall. I also love The Girls hat. I also like the color of your hair. I noticed the cut last time but this time I see the color and it's fall like and beautiful.

mamaraby said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

Veronica said...

A: The Boy is huge! I remember when he was just about at your shoulders and now he is a young man.

B: The Girl has gotten big too (of course) and her outfits are adorable.

C: YOU look amazing too! Seriously, in the pics you look like you could be his older, cooler sister :)

Looks like you had a great family fun weekend.

Run Lori Run said...

I went there a couple weeks ago- never gets old!

and p.s. i love your hair too!

Tammie said...

damn, thanks everybody for the compliments on my hair. you all are gonna give me a big head.

veronica:thank you!!! ive been thinking abut you a lot lately, hope all is well.