Thursday, October 18, 2012

Linky Randomness

When attempting NaBloWriMo, is doing a post with just links considered cheating? Is it more cheaty than letting your husband write a post for you? Honestly, I'm amazed I've made it this far in NaBloWriMo. I'm taking it day by day at this point people.

*Kevin over at Closet Cooking makes some delicious nummers. I first stumbled upon him on Pinterest but now Jay and I both regularly look at his site. Really, he's magic.

*You may have noticed (or not) that I've been in a few photos around here lately. I've been working on this but it's been hard. I'm not comfortable having my picture taken and I generally don't like the way I look on any given day. But I read this post by Allison Tate over on HuffPo and it's changed my way of thinking. I mean, I still hate the way I look but my kids probably don't, and one day when I'm not around, they might want a visual reminder of what their mom looked like. When I look at pictures of my kids or Jay, or any of my loved ones, I don't see their flaws. I need to cut myself some slack and remember that the people who love me probably don't see my flaws either.

*I can't stop thinking about Lori's rule books. I hope she opens at Etsy shop one day.

*I'm reading the first of the Wildwood Chronicles right now and loving it. I also recently bought The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It's been on my to-read list for about a decade so I'm excited to finally have it in my possession.

*I gave up on reading The Night Circus. I was enjoying the story but it was very slow moving.

*I really love this necklace.

*This picture makes me smile.

What around the internet are you loving?


4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I too hate my pictures and avoid them at all costs. I had a friend this summer say, you don't have any pictures of you with Izzy. When she's gone you're going to regret that. I thought, no I won't i have pictures of her. Then I too read that article by Allison. It resonated with me. So I am trying. Baby steps.

Anne said...

I've just finished 'Liesl and Po' which is really cute.

http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B005P1FVWG

But these have me laughing pretty hard:
http://24freedinners.tumblr.com/post/33729516471/a-short-history-of-nothing

http://cheezburger.com/6642494208

Maria Rose said...

i have noticed more pictures of you, but I didn't want to say anything...like surprising a unicorn.

You look like someone I'd want to be friends with. Cool, but approachable

Run Lori Run said...

www.thisiswhyimbroke.com cracks me up. I never knew I needed a magic wand tv remote until now...

I finished The Night Circus but just barely. It had SUCH promise (a great idea!) but she just could not pull it off. You're right, it was slow.