Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's Almost Tomorrow.......

....and I haven't blogged yet. I already missed one day, let's see if I can get back on track.

Randomness:

*I am BEYOND sick of election stuff. I voted already. My job is done. I don't care. (That's not true. I do care. A lot. But it's out of my hands.)  I really just want it to be over with. Jay is obsessed, which makes me want to scream at him. At this point: whatever happens, happens. If the guy I hate is elected, Fine. I'll just drink a lot for the next four years. If the guy I like is elected, also Fine. I will still drink, just a bit less. Really. Just everyone Shut Up, you're hurting my head.

*Our latest TV obsession is Louie. It's been a while since I laughed this hard at television.

*My birthday is Thursday. I'll be 36. I haven't had a moment to actually stop and dwell on this fact.

*For my birthday, Jay arranged for me to fly to California to hang out with Daphne for a few days. I admit I had a minor freak out about this. I don't love surprises nor do I love having things done behind my back and in order to make it all work out, Jay had to contact Daphne and my boss without me knowing. (I know. I'm a control freak/brat. Sorry, it's who I am.) After Daphne talked me down from my stress ledge (is that a thing?) and insisted that I would not be an imposition and that she's excited about it, I'm feeling better. Now it's starting to sink in: Yay, I'm going to see Daphne! In California! Alone! Without children!

*Have I mentioned I'm scared of airports and haven't been on a plane since 1996?


6 comments:

DysFUNctional Mom said...

In case I miss it - Happy Birthday! I hope you're able to relax and enjoy your getaway.

Anonymous said...

You'll be fine, it's not that far,probably a direct flight and you might not even have to change planes. Don't think you've ever been away from Jay and the kids for more than a couple of hours. It'll be fun. Got some birthday stuff I'm sending out to you real soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Happy Birthday!
I hate surprise too but damn girl this is a good one.
Great job Jay!

Have a wonderful time and have a couple glass of wine for me.
Besides people watching in the airport is a regular sport. That man at the bar in a business suit is wearing his wife's red panties, you just know it.

Daphne said...

It's going to be so much fun! I can't wait. There will be plenty of coffee and wine. No problem.

hester said...

If you're going to have a surprise, a solo trip on a plane to hang out with a friend is a pretty good one. Maybe take lots of good chocolate etc with you to take your mind off your nerves. I can't believe you are 36! You don't look a day over 26.

Visty said...

Happy birthday! I'm excited for you!