Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homecoming 2012



This past Saturday was the boy's first high school dance.

It was a bit of a minor ordeal. He's not real social and the idea of wearing a tie on a Saturday night doesn't excite him. He'd much rather hang out at the skate park and then play video games late into the night with his buddies.

But he has a Girlfriend. And Girlfriend's mom really wanted her daughter to go. Which meant that Monty had to go.

Jay gave him some wise advice when he said, "Being a good boyfriend isn't just about making out and hoping to touch some over-the-shirt boob. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do."

Well put, my parenting partner.

8 comments:

Violet Marbles said...

LOL @Jay's advice! Parenting Win!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

:-)
OMG that is so funny and oh so true. I read this aloud to Rick and he said it was the perfect fatherly advice.

It works for husband too!

Lady Jayne said...

That is just awesome advice. LoL! And true too. I love it!

Daphne said...

And that, my friends, is why Jay and Tammie are such great parents.

Meyser said...

The moment I hear those words out of my husband's mouth (let's hope in, let's say, sixteen years?), I know I'll fall in love with him all over again. So sweet!!

Azara said...

I agree with Margaret - training wheels for husband time...

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Hahaha...I wish I'd had parents like y'all.
Such a fun time =)

Liesl said...

Wise advice indeed.