Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012








The summer seemed to last forever but Halloween week has been cool and rainy. Costumes were worn  over long sleeve tees or with jackets over them, but it was beautiful and sweet nonetheless.

The girl was a fairy. When Jay found her dress for $6 at Goodwill the initial plan of her being a robot was tossed. The fairy dress was just too pretty to pass up. Her night was filled with glitter, makeup, sparkly gems on her face, and people complimenting her on how lovely she looked. There aren't many times an average gal gets to feel like a princess, but Lucy definitely had a princess night.

The boy pulls the same junk every year. He says he's too old to dress up, too old to go trick or treating. Then at the last minute he throws together some weird teenage boy costume. He and his quirky friends got it in their head to dress up and trek to the rich neighborhood. Monty was a walking billboard for marijuana legalization (something we've discussed in our house a lot lately), Friend #1 was a meth addict, and Friend #2 (a Middle Eastern guy) dressed as a "terrorist." Needless to say, their costume choices didn't score them the full size candy bars they hoped for.

They would have had better luck staying closer to home, Lucy brought home quite a haul.

Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter what the costume, it seems like they had fun. Lucy was a beautiful fairy. Monty and his friends may not have gotten a lot of candy but I'm sure they got noticed.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Did my comment disappear or waiting for approval?
Hmm....

Tammie said...

peggy: the above one was the only one i saw. hmmmm...peculiar.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - that was weird.
I think Lucy looks adorable and when I was her age I would have loved all the sparkle!! (ok sometimes even at my age)

I love that you talk to your kids about this. My father didn't discuss, only pontificate.

I'm with him btw. At my age it is more for pain management than for a buzz. :-)

Daphne said...

Love the costumes. What is it with teenage boys and their dopey (ha! pun not intended) costumes?

Maria Rose said...

Oh I do miss those weird costumes that come with adolescence!!

hester said...

That last photo of Lucy is a pearler and Monty cracks me up.

Visty said...

So funny! I love her glittery eyes, and Monty is hilarious.

Run Lori Run said...

Haha. The costumes are great! And she really looks like you in that last picture...

Dawn said...

I can't believe how much Lucy looks like you, especially in that last picture! Lovely!

Tammie said...

thank you!!