Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cooper Mountain

We went hiking this past Sunday. It seemed like such a good idea at the time but after about a half hour in, nobody was really having a lot of fun. The rains haven't started yet and everything was still so dry and dusty. As much as I love Oregon, the deadness of their summers really bum me out. I'm ready for the rainy season.


I truly hate the way my son is dressed in the following picture. One more reason to look forward to cooler weather: no more teenage boys in tank tops.

The girl's clothes though? Love them!



The skyline was pretty, but again, everything was just so parched.

We had to take numerous breaks. The high was only 79 degrees that day, but it felt much warmer.


I'm not sure what I was expecting from Cooper Mountain, but I didn't expect it to look the way it did. But then again, the only other time I was there was back in January. (See here.)  What a difference a few seasons make.

9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I like your hair like this Tammie. You look great.

Yea, the parch look isn't my fav either. That is why I think i am unable to appreciate the "beauty" of the desert as much as others do.

Tammie said...

thank you! i dont know whats in store for my hair. :)

and yeah, the desert does nothing for me.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Ha. Your son reminds me of mine. I call it the Thug Look.
I really like your hair!

Veronica said...

Family is lookin' good! I can't believe how big they've gotten! Love the hair too :)

Visty said...

I don't like the rain-drought either. It's not funny. 9 months of rain and then 3 months of no rain. Neither one is awesome.

Violet Marbles said...

I love your hair! Also- the girl has amazing fashion sense.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics of the family. I like your hair. Although the surroundings look parched, it still looks like a beautiful place.Brings back memories of better times for me, like the walks at Alfred Ring park.

Jessie said...

YOUR HAIR "FROCKS"! So rad.

This is the deadest summer EVER. Today was the first day that the sun didn't break through the fog. Fear not, dear Pacific northwesterner, this summer was a fluke. Rain is neigh.

M.J. Fifield said...

I took my niece hiking over the summer and she wore this aqua sequined hat that got comments from every single hiker we passed.