Monday, September 17, 2012

Random Thoughts

* I signed up for NaBloWriMo. I'm already scared. I've barely written 31 blog posts this year, let alone doing 31 in a month. But I thought this might help get me back on track.  I've always loved NaBloWriMo time and haven't done it in a while. (Two years? Maybe more.) Besides, NaBloWriMo is not exactly an intense, cutthroat competition and all the other bloggers are always super supportive. I figure even if I only manage 10-15 posts, I'll call it a success. (C'mon, join me!)

*My old lady cat Isabelle is not doing well. She's now totally blind and her kidneys aren't what they used to be. She's super thin and lethargic and we all know the end really is near. I'm hoping that she'll die peacefully at home but if it doesn't happen soon, some tough choices are going to have to be made. Although she's always been my cat, I love how sweet Jay and the kids are being to her. When she's stumbling around looking confused they pick her up and gently take her to the cat box. When feeding time comes they put her bowl right in front of her and guide her head downward so that she knows exactly where her food is. That patience and kindness makes me happy during an otherwise very unhappy time.

*I'm letting my hair grow out. It wasn't my plan at first, I just didn't have time to make an appointment. But now that I almost have a chin length bob, I've decided to go with the new look. I'll post a picture once I get it properly styled by a professional. Right now it's being styled by me using the same razor I use to shave my legs.

*Jay and I have been watching season after season of Dexter. I had never seen this show because I'm opposed to paying money for more than one premium channel and HBO has always won out over Showtime. But now, thanks to the magic that is Netflix, we're getting caught up. We've just started season four, the season with The Trinity Killer.  I may never look at John Lithgow the same way again.

* I really want to make these Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes. The recipe doesn't look too complex. I think I can handle this. I had planned to stock up on canned pumpkin this week but was shocked to not see it on the shelves of Trader Joe's yet. Hopefully soon.

*I need to do a book post here soon. (Hmmm...maybe for NaBloWriMo.) Right now I'm reading The Night Circus. It's good but slow.

*Lately I've been thinking about how I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies. This needs to change. I'm considering doing a Harry Potter movie marathon with my family. (Family: This your warning.)

*Barring anything needing to be urgently written about, you probably won't hear from me until October 1. I will be banking blog posts until then.



2 comments:

Nowheymama said...

The Trinity Killer season is THE BEST season.

Liesl said...

I recently roped my brother into a Twilight movie marathon. (Honestly, the first one was cute in tween-y way. After that, they went downhill, fast. Recycling the same themes and situations.) Anyway, we thought of doing a HP marathon too. You're inspiring me to pick up the films and rope him into that too.

Best of luck with the blog challenge! I'm looking forward to your posts.

And my thoughts and love go out to Isabelle. And you.