Friday, July 20, 2012

Things I'm Into Right Now

Just a short list of some of the things making me happy right now:

My nesting doll measuring cups:
I never use them because I don't want to run the risk of breaking one. But they make me happy every time I go into the kitchen.

While we're on the subject of nesting dolls, check out these golfers:
I'm always on the lookout for some interesting new take on the classic Russian Doll and since I live with a golfer, I couldn't pass these up.

My daughter's art, framed and sandwiched between our store bought art:

It's things like these that make our small rental a home.

And, while on the subject of art, the boy's idea of it:

A framed still shot from Grand Theft Auto, ironically situated right next to our Jesus for whom Jay likes to draw speech bubbles. Proof that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder and what constitutes art is subjective.

Egg Cups:
The ultimate portion control.

My new shoes:
These, like all of the other objects on the list, were Goodwill finds. My thrifting luck lately has been exceptional.


Other random things making me happy:

*Jay and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on Monday. We got up early and went to Einstein Bagels for breakfast, just like we did on our wedding day.

*The boy turned 14 on Wednesday. He asked for (and received) expensive skin care products, some new shorts, and for us to take him to see Ted with his girlfriend. At the end of the day, he said it was "a really great day." (If only I had been allowed to sit next to him at the movie theatre.....)

*The town I work in is having a parade on Saturday and Lucy will be on the float for my store. She is convinced the event will make her famous.

*That font of endless energy and good ideas, Theresa, set up a pen pal program for our young girls. Lucy gets to send and receive mail and I get to teach my daughter the lost art of letter writing.

It's been odd around here lately. Busier than I like it to be. I have some health stuff going on (nothing serious but I'll be glad when it's taken care of) and there's some financial stuff going on as well (serious, but so far it is wrapping itself up nicely.) August is looking to be a busy month for us and I'm anxious to get through it all unscathed. If I could have one wish it would be to sleep until Fall. Screw all y'all, I'm taking a month long nap.

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Hope your health and money stuff is quickly resolved...and that your daughter's new fame will bring you great success.

Daphne said...

Love those shoes! And everything else in the post. It is SO FUN for kids to be in parades -- I hope Lucy has a great time.

And sending you good thoughts for all the trials and tribulations to get wrapped up well and easily. Hugs.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Love the shoes, too. Hope you have good weather for the parade.

Liesl said...

Such great finds.

I hope August breezes by and you end up being pleasantly surprised by it. :)

Visty said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Monty! I hope we see you all soon.

Violet Marbles said...

:D Those shoes are awesome! I never get that lucky in thrift stores