Monday, July 23, 2012

Julius

Jay and I have always been fairly responsible when it comes to choosing our pets. We choose ones who may otherwise go unwanted and we aren't usually easily swayed by the cuteness of a kitten or puppy. But I'll admit that lately I've had the urge to once again hear the pitter patter of little furry feet. I don't remember the last time I had a kitten. It's been a while.

Enter Julius, bought for a nominal fee off of Craigslist from an older fellow who found a litter of kittens in his shed and was "trying to not get too attached to them":





Julius enjoys snuggles, playing, and napping. And because he doesn't mind the dog licking him from head to toe, I think he's going to fit in just fine around here.

(In related news: If you've been reading here a while you'll remember that over a year ago we gave our chihuahua to someone who we thought would love her more than we would. I'm happy to report that Sadie is doing amazingly well and her new Mommy dotes on her constantly and, to our astonishment, was even able to teach her tricks. A happy ending for all.)




9 comments:

Daphne said...

Oh!!! He's so cute. I really really want a kitten but I'm trying to wait unti next spring to give Thomas a break. Julius is ADORABLE. Orange kitties have excellent personalities. Enjoy the kitten snuggles!

The WoodLand School said...

Welcome, Julius! I look forward to hearing about his {inevitable!} adventures! :-)

Tammie said...

daphne: i know what you mean because we've been putting it off too because we wanted our old lady cat's final years to be uneventful, pleasant ones. fortunately, the kitten pretty much leaves her alone. i think it helps that he has the dog and the kids to play with.

Violet Marbles said...

AW! I love the orange and white kitties

Maria Rose said...

So adorable!Kittens are so fun and crazy. I love ginger cats too!

I and J Mommy said...

Oh my gosh, I'm in love already. We can I come snuggle your new little playmate?? When did you bring him home? So excited to meet him.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Hee hee, orange Julius.
I kind of want a kitten. I have no pets right now...that's so strange for me.

Tammie said...

kim: come over for snuggles anytime you want! maybe saturday if you're available :)

Liesl said...

What a ball of orange cuteness.
I can see he is going to be loved. :)