Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oxbow Park: The Third Time Around

This was our first trip to Oxbow Park when the sun was shining. (Previous trips can be seen here and here.)
The landscape of the park has changed a lot since we were there last. All of the rain we get here in Oregon caused many of the park's campsites to go floating down the Sandy River. The difference was definitely a noticeable one.

So many ankle breaking rocks where there had once been water:






A few random thoughts about this day:

*What the girl is wearing looks great because, in her words "MOM! Stripes go with stripes." Awesome.

*This family sucks at skipping stones. We all tried a lot. Not a single stone was skipped.

*The song of the day was this one. Not because it's good, but because it's awful, simple, and can be memorized after one listen by even the youngest of ears. Driving to the park, all of us singing that  dumb song....it felt good. I love it when it's just the four of us.



5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

why of course strips go with strips. :-)

It is so beautiful. And looks cool so I am jealous. I say that a lot here don't I?

Me said...

Hmmm, Sierra has the same logic regarding her outfits!

Carla

Daphne said...

Beautiful! Have you guys gone to Silver Creek Falls yet? I love it there too. Love the girl's outfit. And I love that your new header fills my screen with daisies when I check your blog.

Maria Rose said...

Gorgeous, I love the Pacific NW!!

At least you all sucked at skipping stones. I suck and my husband is awesome, so he has lots of "advice" on the subject and don't even get me started on Frisbee throwing!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Lovely times but no way could I walk on those rocks. They're what we call 'ankle-breakers.'