Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

This morning we had our little around-the-house Easter egg hunt. I thought it would be kind of lame but the kids loved it so I guess it may be a tradition now. I'm trying to see Easter the way you all mentioned, just as a time to celebrate the season and hang with the family.

The weather was beautiful today so we decided to head over to Washington Park. We weren't going to make the boy go with us but at the last minute he decided he wanted to spend time with his family. No one fought, no one argued. In general, no one was in a pissy mood. Could these people sense that earlier in the week I was at the end of my tether and they decided to grant me a day of peace?

Here's a rare decent picture of me:
I had no idea Jay was taking it, which explains why I look half human for a change. I'm not sure how I didn't know Jay was taking it since he was obviously right in front of us. I was probably people watching, which is what I do when I wear my big sunglasses. The freaks and helicopter moms don't know I'm checking them out when my face is half covered. I also love the girl's hair in this picture. We're growing it out and it almost always looks wild, but it was exceptional today.

This next photo was taken mid-hike.
I love everything about this picture because it's so indicative of the way my children are right now. The way Lucy is dressed, the robot helmet, Monty's skinny jeans and Bieber hair. And of course I can't fail to mention the fact that he pulled his come out of his back pocket and proceeded to style his hair in the middle of nature. I'm irritated by his constant vanity but I take solace in the fact that in a few years he's going to look back on this current hairstyle and be very, very embarrassed.

At the end of our hike we came to the ball field and Lucy asked if she could go run around in it. Um, of course.
She's a total free spirit.

After the park we came home, had lunch, and then Jay and I walked to the comic book store so that I could get my later zombie comic. It seemed as if everyone in town was outside walking, biking, skateboarding, or just otherwise enjoying the pleasant weather. One thing I've learned about Oregonians is that when the sun does come out, people take advantage of it because it may be a great long while before it returns again.

I have more pictures to post from the park but I wanted to get these few out while the day was still fresh in my memory. It was great in so many ways and exactly what I needed.

5 comments:

Daphne said...

I love this post! I love that the girl was hiking with her robot helmet on. I love that you had a good day with your family. And I love that you found a way to celebrate Spring in a way that is meaningful for you. Love your new header photo too!

Tammie said...

daphne: thank you! i stumbled upon the journal in the photo while on the hike. i had to snap about a dozen photos of it of course.

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like a great day! We had a good one too, though there was one insane toddler meltdown which culminated in a face slap (she slapped me, not the other way around of course)---otherwise a great day.

Violet Marbles said...

I so second every thing Daphne said- and I laughed hysterically about the picture embarrassing the boy later on. LOL!

I so wish that we lived near each other as I really think that Nadia and Lucy are two peas in a pod. If the girl came to play at our house in a robot helmet, Nadia wouldn't even bat an eye. LOL

kraftykash said...

Your kids crack me up. Kalen went through the beiber hair stage before beiber was hot. All of Korby's friends love that picture of him. LOL My kids fight all the stinking time. ugh!