Saturday, March 17, 2012

Robot


The other day at work we received a box from the FedEx man. Noticing it was from a company we get our dress-up/play clothes from, I just assumed it was the usual princess hats and fairy wings. Until my boss came out of her office and excitedly said, "Ooh! It's my box of kooky hats."

I opened it up and underneath the princess hats and fairy wings (that is what sells) were some definitely kooky hats. There was a magicians top hat, a white, bulbous astronaut's helmet, and at the very bottom, one lonely robot head:
Of course I had to snatch it up for my robot-loving girl and of course she wears it everywhere. It got her a lot of attention at Trader Joe's, with numerous people yelling out, "Hey look! A robot in the store!" The girl isn't shy so she was loving it all.

As for me, I'm having visions of an inexpensive robot Halloween costume with tin foil sleeves and cardboard boxes spray painted silver. Or something like that. Good thing I have seven months to plan.

7 comments:

Violet Marbles said...

awesome!

I and J Mommy said...

I love it!!! It's so her, just look at that smile. Can't wait to see her in it. You are by far the coolest mom

Veronica said...

LOVE the hat!!!

Maria Rose said...

Oh Cordelia would looove that. She is crazy about robots. What company?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I love that Lucy will wear this out.
God I love your daughter!
Women 40 yrs old can't drive in their own lane proudly like she can. You have got a great daughter there Tammie! And you are a great mom for not stifling that in her.

Liesl said...

What a very cool girl! I have to admit, at her age, I would have gone for the princess garb and never been brave enough to wear it out in public.

Visty said...

I'm not sure I can deal with the jealousy I am feeling right now.