Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday

Isn't that a gorgeous Lemon Tart? I can't take credit for it though. The long haired hippie baker at Whole Foods made it. But I had to post a picture because it's so damn lovely.

I'm going to a retirement party for my boss tonight and I was asked to bring a dessert type thing. Her retirement is somewhat bittersweet (and the source of the work weirdness I alluded to last week.) She's suffering from some health issues and decided that it would be in the best interest of the store to step aside, so she's in the final stages of selling the business. The new owner seems wonderful and my job is safe so when looking at the big picture, I don't have a lot of worries. But it's just another change I'll have to deal with. I've known about the impending changes since early December, but the reality and the sadness of the situation really didn't hit me until recently.

As I was checking out of Whole Foods, the long haired hippie cashier (there is a surprising amount of hair at this particular grocery store) asked if I was going to a Super Bowl party. I chuckled and said, "No, I'd be totally out of place at a Super Bowl party." He smiled and said, "Not with a cake like this."

Who knew that fancy lemon tarts were the secret to popularity?

9 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I'm in Olympia visiting friends. I had some Portlandia Ketchup and it made me think of you---it was delicious!

Maria Rose said...

That is a pretty fancy confection...

Daphne said...

I would really like some of that tart. I bet you were popular at this party, as well!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie this tart looks wonderful. Was it as good as I hoped it would be? Don't all Whole Foods have long hair hippie bakers or cashiers? Mine do.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I wish somebody told me the friendship secret. Hurray for long-haired hippies.

Visty said...

There is a danish at Whole Foods that kills me. It's cream cheese with blueberries on one half and almonds on the other.

jessie at luna pacifica said...

THAT is a magnificent cake/pie/ridiculousness.

kraftykash said...

This looks amazing. I just ate a lemon yoplait whip that I thought was really good, but this looks much better.

Violet Marbles said...

HAHA- well, I for one would attend a super bowl party and feel out of place for just a SLICE of that pretty lemon tart. :)