Monday, December 12, 2011

Tuba Christmas

Tuba Christmas.

Because who wouldn't want to go into the city,Sit with hundreds of other people in near freezing weather,Maybe catch a glimpse of this guy,And then listen to 225 tuba players perform Christmas tunes?Okay, apparently the answer to that question would be: my kids, because they spent a great deal of the afternoon grumbling. But Jay and I had fun. The young ones in our family need to just quit clinging to the notion that they're cooler than a tuba concert. They are not.

But those frowns were turned upside down when we stopped at a few of the Portland Food Carts. Poutine from Potato ChampionSavory Mac and Cheese pie (shown half eaten 'cause it was so damn yummy) from Whiffies. I also had a sweet peanut butter and chocolate chip pie but there are no pictures of it because, again, damn yummy. Pizza from Pyro Pizza

Shrimp Po' Boy and Blue Cheese Cole Slaw from Bubba Bernie's. Why has no one ever offered me blue cheese covered cole slaw before in my life? It was amazing.

Since the day ended with everyone smiling, I'm considering it a success. Plus, since the girl is now in her room singing songs from the Tuba Christmas song book, I'm thinking she may have enjoyed it more than she'll admit. Sometimes they just need convincing.

3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Or as my mom would tell me when I was her age....you just don't know what's good for you yet.

Blue Cheese in coleslaw sounds wonderful!! I never would have thought of it. I may have to experiment with this one!!

Carla said...

Yay for poutine! All the food looks delicious actually.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

That sounds like so much fun. We probably have only one tuba player in this podunk town of mine -- so your kids should consider themselves fortunate.