Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Thought and Daddy's Little Buddy

At the beginning of this year I made an agreement with myself that I wouldn't blog unless I had something to say. I did this because I wanted to challenge myself to put more thought into what I write, and in some ways I think I have. The downside to this little experiment though was that I wrote less, mentally talking myself out of writing about certain things if I didn't think I could get more than three paragraphs out of it. That, combined with the fact that I just don't have enough time to devote to writing long posts everyday, means that things have grown kind of quiet. And that makes me sad. There have been so many stupid little observations I've had the past year that I chose not to write about because I didn't feel as if it would really be bringing anything to the table, so to speak.

But this morning I saw this post of Heather's and it was such a good reminder to me. All of those stupid observations I've had are a part of my life, and by not chronicling them, I run the risk of forgetting about them. So I think I'm going to go back to the way things were. I'm going to go back to blogging even when I don't have anything to say.

Starting now.

A few weeks ago Jay brought this home after finding it on the floor of his store:
He keeps trying to tell me it's a penis head cozy but I'm not convinced.

11 comments:

Daphne said...

See, now I consider that TOTALLY blog-worthy.

Dawn said...

I'll be glad to see more posts. I feel like I'm stalking you when I click on your blog (its in my TOP SITES, mind you) and there's nothing new.

Tammie said...

daphne: i know right?! here ive had this penis head cozy sitting on my bathroom counter for weeks and havent thought to write about it.

Dawn: top sites eh? right under Vampire News Daily? HA!!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Daphne is so correct - totally blog worthy!! That's one big "head" or it's just because it's a close up....no don't tell me....a girl can dream or is it Jay who is dreaming?

Tammie said...

peggy: HA! im sure jay would want me to tell everyone that the cozy is a little snug. ;)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely my favorite type of post, and the reason I follow your blog!!! Well done!!!

Tammie said...

im glad someone is entertained.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Definitely what it is.

Maria Rose said...

Yeah, blogging is definitely not about important stuff. I have missed your regular posts!

Visty said...

Masturbation mitt?

Dani said...

I can totally relate. Sometimes the posts of nothingness are the easiest to read and can have the greatest connection. I'm a fan of the mundane.

Please, I have to know...even though it's TMI...has he tried it out?