Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The New Wheels

I am now the proud owner of a 1989 VW Cabriolet. We got an amazing deal on it from a broke college student who needed some quick cash.

It has a few minor things wrong with it, but nothing that will keep me from driving it to and from work. And frankly, I think Jay is a bit excited about the prospect of having something to fix up. He likes projects. He makes nightly visits to Ebay and a bunch of parts are already on the way, including the replacement for the small side window that was smashed out when, as the girl puts it, "some jerk stealed the radio."

No worries though, as Jay says he can get me the original AM/FM/Cassette Player for about $30.

Now if I could only find my box of cassette tapes.

9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Nice wheels! Seriously how great to have a 2nd car now. Merry christmas to you!

I have some 80's tapes like Wham and some hair bands if you're interested. :-)

Tammie said...

ooooh. would you really part with Wham?

Dani said...

Awesome. You will rock that ride.

Run Lori Run said...

Ooooh new wheels and a new tape deck! I'd break out my Depeche Mode tapes from high school.

Dawn said...

Love!
Seriously love!

Daphne said...

I love this! Perfect work car!!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I would send you some cassettes, but I can't be parted with my Police and Pretenders tapes. Enjoy the wheels.

Jessie said...

Jealous! I love it!!!! I have a Garth Brooks tape you can have.

mandy said...

so much cooler than my minivan.
and HELLO crocheted car accessories? YES!!!