Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Tree-2011

Don't tell us it's too early to go cut down a Christmas Tree. Last year we did it right around this time too, but for some reason this year we had a hard time finding a place open and ready for tree selling.

We ended up at a Christmas shop/tree farm not far from where I work.The shop was at the bottom of a very steep hill, a hill we had to climb in order to pick our tree.It didn't take us long to find the one we loved.The girl is completely infected with holiday spirit. She loves everything about this time of year. The boy of course likes it too, but more for the gimme-gimme aspect. (Side note: The boy isn't in any of these pictures because he chose to spend the day with his friends rather than us. I didn't really mind at the time, but now that I look at these pictures, it feels as if something is missing. In general, I usually enjoy watching my kids grow up and I love how every year they become more and more independent, but sometimes, every once in a while, it hits me that I'm not number one in his life anymore.)

Random picture of me, taken by the girl.

She always seems to take nice pictures, without putting much thought at all into it. Maybe the secret to good photography really is just to point and shoot.

Later that night, when the whole family was back together, we were able to decorate the tree. Everyone was in a good mood and it felt like the perfect beginning to the holiday season.
Jay's pal, Jesus, even made an appearance:
Yes, Jesus, indeed it is.

13 comments:

Carla said...

I'm jealous. I am no longer allowed a real tree and Christmas decorations are not permitted in our house before December. I married a Scrooge. BUT...we have begun our shopping! Maybe the music will sneak in a little sooner?!

jessie at lunapacifica said...

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS! I'm so happy! Jesus is the shiz, too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That's a really nice photo of you Tammie. I like your hair. It's a bit longer isn't it?

I love your Jesus. Typing that even makes me laugh.

I love that others enjoy this holiday so much - I so wish I could.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Well, you win the prize for being the first with a tree up! I'll probably come in last place because I'm dragging my feel on the whole holiday season. Bah humbug.

And for the record, it's a sad day when those kids of ours gain independence and have others they would rather spend time with.

Maria Rose said...

We are abstaining until after Thanksgiving...but it is a challenge.

Daphne said...

I love that photo of you! What a cute dress or coat or whatever it is (hard to tell in the photo) Love the neckline. I think I will probably not have much holiday spirit this year but I certainly love everyone else's trees and decor. c

Visty said...

ME MAS TREE???? bwahahahahaha Hey, where did you go to get this? I want a tree NOW and no one in this house will let me.

Tammie said...

visty: sleighbells in sherwood.not as wonderful as my beloved lee farms, but lee is closed until the 18th and i COULD NOT WAIT.

Not Hannah said...

You inspired me.

mandy said...

jesus continues to crack me up.

i really want a real big real tree this year.

Run Lori Run said...

It doesn't dry out and turn into the world's biggest fire hazard by Dec 11th??? Maybe the *novel* idea of WATERING my tree enough might help me....

lieslmade said...

The picture of your girl hugging the tree is priceless.

Hope you're enjoying the tree and the whole holiday spirit. (We won't have ours for another month or more.)

Carol said...

You've inspired me to try a real tree this year. Yours looks so lovely! I love the Jesus too. . Ha!