Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin Orange Cheesecake

This is the Pumpkin-Orange Cheesecake from a recent issue of Sunset Magazine, which I do not subscribe to but fortunately for me, Jay's dentist does.

There are many very fatty, very bad for you things in this cheesecake, but you only live once. Indulge. You can't tell by the picture, but it also has a caramel topping.

This is only the second time I've made cheesecake. (You can read about the first time here.) I always anticipate cheesecake making to be much scarier and harder than it ends up being. I think a lot of folks feel that same way and are hesitant to make their own. I get that. Cheesecake ingredients can be pricey and no one wants to spend that money only to end up with something inedible. So they go out and buy some grocery store garbage cheesecake.

But I'm here to dispel the myths. Cheesecake making is tedious and usually takes a few hours, but it's not hard. You can do this. Don't fear the cheesecake.

The recipe can be found here. And, yes, I have a ding bat plate.

9 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You give me confidence....But I can oftentimes be a dingbat in the kitchen.

mandy said...

tammie, i once made a cheesecake and left the sugar out. it tasted so bad i've only made a few since, even though it's jays favorite. maybe i'll give it another go sometime soon.

Tammie said...

jodi: you need a plate.

mandy: oh no! yeah, the sugar is a very important part.

Liesl said...

You mind reader you! I just said today that I want to make a pumpkin cheesecake.
I only just made my first cheesecake---and, get this, it was vegan and delicious. Even the omnivores said so. (And they promised they weren't just being nice.)

Tammie said...

i want to make a vegan one! you must post the recipe.

I and J Mommy said...

It was one of the best I've had! We enjoyed every delightful bite.

I'm With Stupid said...

Pumpkin orange cheesecake is a little odd, but if there are fatty things in it that are bad for me, I'll give it a try! ;-)

Jay

Visty said...

I love your ding bat plate.

Run Lori Run said...

I have always avoided pumpkin + cheesecake...maybe one of these days...