Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things I'm Into Right Now

Just a small snippet of some of the things tickling my fancy lately:

*The girl's new rain boots:Hello Kitty you've done it again, you sly little feline.

*Trader Joe's lobster ravioli. This stuff is so good I could whip up a bowl and pop them in my mouth, much in the way other people eat popcorn or potato chips. (How did I ever survive so long without a Trader Joe's?)

*Mondays. I know it sounds nutty but the day of the week that most people loathe, just so happens to be a fun time for me. I don't work until the evenings so my friend Kim and I get together every Monday morning and have coffee, chit chat, read magazines, talk craftiness, go to the fabric store, etc. It's a few hours of girly time that I so look forward to. On the Monday of Halloween, we've set a date to de-clutter her kitchen. I don't know how excited she is about the prospect, but I can't wait.

*Speaking of fabric stores, I bought a yard of this fabric:
I'm not sure what it will be used for, but it's cute, no?

*Grey nail polish. A few weeks ago I read somewhere that grey nail polish was going to be the big thing. As far as trends go, I'm usually the last to hear about them and then by the time I get around to implementing them in my life, they are no longer popular. And I like it that way. But I love grey so I figured I'd go for it. I bought a few different shades but my favorite is Revlon's Hazy. I know that no one comes here for beauty tips, so if you want to read more about it, this gal sums it up nicely. (Although prepare yourself because she uses a lot of exclamation points!!!)

*I know you all have been anxiously awaiting the big reveal concerning my next celebrity crush. Ever since Alec and I broke up, I've been going it alone, not fake dating anyone. A girl needs some time to think after ending a long term relationship. I don't take these things lightly, just choosing any celebrity willy nilly. I put some thought into it! But a decision has been made: Vincent D'Onofrio is officially my new fake boyfriend. Adjust your lives accordingly.

17 comments:

Peppermint Patty said...

Awesome fabric & I have always been really loved my gray & silver polish.

I and J Mommy said...

Well as for the new boy, he looks like your husband with hair! So it's a good thing, no? I also have to say I am really loving Monday's myself, great way to start the week.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

LOVE the fabric, but that is to be expected.
You and I have very different taste in men. (that's my nice way of saying are you flipping crazy??) But at the top of my (long) list of fake boyfriends is Ice Cube, so I'm pretty nucking futs myself.
The HK boots almost made me squeal, and I am so not a squealer! They are too freaking cute.

Tammie said...

kim: jay says hes not as fat as vincent. :) and then he called me a chubby chaser. but i dont care.

cyndy: you and the cube have been together quite a while yourselves. when i go for Ice i veer more in the direction of the T. but his wife coco freaks me out.

Daphne said...

I thought you meant Vincent Gallo. A Very Different Vincent. http://www.vincentgallo.com/ He's actually more my style than your Vincent, but to each their own.

I know exactly what you are going to do with that fabric. You are going to make a gift for ME with it!! I love it! Where did you get it? I might have to track it down myself. I need... um... SOMEthing made out of it. Art room chair cushion? My mother is coming to visit in a few weeks and she is an expert seamstress. I'm sure she'd LOVE to make me something... er... help me with a project. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ooh Monday's sound like fun!

I am not allowing you to meet my hubby...you'd like my big guy too much. :-)
I think Rick would fall into your crush parameters. I love Vince D.
And no one can play the poor put upon man better. But he plays all things well. Great choice.

LOVE the wellies.
Looking for a pair for me.
Who knew my size 7's were so popular. I can find them in every size but 7.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but you'll have to fight me for him :) I've loved him since well forever!

Micki

Maria Rose said...

Vincent D...what is it that draws you to this man? I know nothing about him at all.

Tammie said...

daphne yes, a very different vincent. but your vincent is an interesting guy as well.

i got the fabric here at fabric depot but im sure you could find it somewhere around you. its alexander henry "spotted owl."

peggy: i would never still your rick! and i never crush on "real" people who i may actually meet in real life. only "fake" people. :)

micki: uh oh. friendly competition.

maria rose: similar political leanings plus i just like big guys.

Daphne said...

My mom is going to Portland on Sunday; I might send her on an errand to Fabric Depot. :)b

Tammie said...

if not, i can always pick some up for you and send it to you. let me know. :)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm am totally into rain boots. I can't imagine how I lived this long without them. Of course, mine are not as trendy as your girl's.

Run Lori Run said...

Totally with on Mr. Vincent. Can we share the same fake boyfriend or would that be weird?

Tammie said...

Lori: you have excellent taste in men. i GUESS i can share.

M.J. Fifield said...

The boots are very cute.

I wish you and Vincent all the best.

lieslmade said...

I think I need to paint my nails gray.

Daphne said...

Also: my mom JUST HAPPENED to be at Fabric Depot and got me some of that fabric! I think I'm going to cover my art room corkboard with it.