Friday, October 21, 2011

Random Thoughts

Jay recently compared my blog to an old woman's uterus, dried out and barren. His vulgarity aside, he's right, I've been quiet lately. It's like a blog recession. I do have a lot on my mind though and here are a few things I've been wanting to discuss:

*Fall is pleasing me so much. It really is beautiful outside. On my drive to work I pass trees that are so many different shades of yellows, reds, purples, and browns. I really need to get my butt in gear and take some pictures before everything is dried out and dead.

*The last few weeks have been difficult in that Jay and I have both been working a lot. I've been working five or six days most weeks and Jay's had three days off since October first. It feels as if we are both in some awful relay race without a finish line. But there is a finish line. Jay is off all of next week and my schedule looks fairly easy. Although next week is also filled with parent teacher conferences and dentist appointments so I may have spoken to soon.

*We've begun watching The Walking Dead, mainly because the boy loves zombies and what better way to bond than by watching a hoard of undead suck the innards out of people? There is no better way, of course. Do any of you watch this?

*The holiday season is pretty much officially upon us and I couldn't be happier. Although Halloween isn't my favorite, I'm excited to take the girl trick or treating and my Halloween candy bowl is already overflowing with Snickers and Skittles and other nummers. And can I just say how tickled I was when the girl brought me a coupon for Lee farms for $5 off a Christmas tree? That's right bitches, I'll be buying my tree soon. You may remember last year we got our tree early in November and I'm thinking this year will be very similar. Honestly, I'd go pick one right now if I could.

*Jay and I usually work our schedules so that during the week one of us is almost always home with the kids but this past Thursday there was a glitch and we both worked the afternoon/evening shifts. Lucy went home with a trusted friend and when Monty got home, he picked her up and they were home on their own until about 9:15. I think this was the first time that my children went home to an empty house and were alone for more than a couple of hours. The guilt I felt about having latchkey children was immense. Of course everything was fine, but it was a long night for me and by the end of the day I was glad to get home and tuck my babies into bed. ( I do want to add that Monty was totally awesome on this day. I give him a lot of grief about being a lazy slacker but he took great care of Lucy, seeing that she did all her homework and her reading. It felt good to be proud of him.)

What's new with you lately?

7 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I've been missing you in the blog world...is that creepy?

I too watch The Walking Dead. Eric and I are zombie lovers (annoyed with the recent trend of zombie loving).

Otherwise life continues on.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

"old woman's uterus, dried out and barren." Swear they are twins.

you've been missed around these parts missy.

Yeah Monty!! You know under than teen/tween dirty lazy slacker lives a kid who will grow out of that and be a good man. He shows you glimmers just enough to give you hope right? By the time he is out of this stage you'll be telling us about teenage girl and the horrors. :-) Think of it as blog fodder. You'll never run out.

Still liking your job?

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I love that feeling of being proud of your kids for just being a good person. I always take full credit for that and blame the bad stuff on their dad. =D
You have fun with that Christmas Tree. I will be about a month behind you. LOL I LOVE Halloween and our pitiful excuse for Fall and I milk it for all it's worth.

Daphne said...

Poor blog. Well, blogging comes and goes. We do always miss you, however!

Your kid is a good one. PS I spent many an afternoon with my brother alone and we all survived and went on to be very nice responsible people. It's good for them (as long as big bro is a good kid, which sounds like he was EXCELLENT kid).

Have fun with your tree! I am thinking we have to get pumpkins this week. I usually try to wait until December 1st or maybe even 10th for the tree -- they get so dry.

Jessie at LunaPacifica said...

I miss you on here! I LOVE the new header!

Tânia said...

The Walking Dead? :D
we have nights in with friends watching that! with a cup of twinnings tea :D

Liesl said...

I'm not a big fan of Halloween either. I admitted this to my family recently. They looked at me like I had three heads.