Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

One of the most frustrating aspects of going back to work is how hard it is to carve out bits of family time. Before, Jay was the only deciding factor-if he was off of work, we did something. But now there's my schedule to contend with and the boy has more of a social life and oftentimes chooses to be with his friends rather than his family. We'd been planning a pumpkin patch trip for a few weeks now and even though the girl has been feeling a bit under the weather, we decided to go for it.

I'm not sure why there is a Voodoo Doughnut truck everywhere my family goes, but we can usually be found taking advantage of it:
(Notice the girl's adorable barrette, courtesy of Kashoan.)

Jay kindly eating half of the apple fritter I ordered: Corn maze:Alien invasion. No, it's just the boy wearing his bizarre hoodie: The eating continues. My god, we're pigs.
Waiting for meat:The meat arrives:While Jay was digging into the above sausage I was eating a large, rude looking hot dog but one of the perks about being the one holding the camera is that you can control the evidence of your own gluttony.

Various farm yard friends:Finally, the real reason to head to a pumpkin patch:
After picking our pumpkins we loaded up our big red car and headed home. We weren't in the apartment five minutes before the girl hurled into the toilet. Refusing to dwell on the negative, I'm just counting my blessings that she didn't puke in the car.

12 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I love the alien hoodie. Haven't seen one like that before. It's great.

And I'm also glad there isn't a Voodoo Doughnut truck anywhere in my vicinity. I imagine my jeans would fit less well then.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

LOVE your new header.
I'm hungry now, thanks!
I'm glad the girl made it through the whole fun time before she tossed her cookies!

Beck said...

Looks like a great day out! Love the piggies, the rooster and as usual, your great sense of humour. I haven't been to visit you for ages so I missed the going back to work bit. Hope its going ok, I guess it will take some time to adjust. Have a great week Tammie xo

Maria Rose said...

We eat a lot around here to, no shame in it.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Always look on the bright side! It could have been much worse. I love hearing about your adventures.

Mary Beth said...

That looks like such a fun pumpkin patch. It's amazing to see you all bundled up in your jackets! It's still so warm and summery here. Hope the girl is feeling better.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh I am so jealous!!
I love pumpkin farms.
May I rent your children?
I offered to take a friends kids who was whining how she hates all of this stuff. I love it and look like an idiot with no kids there. I can't go down the hay slides alone...damn it.

What was your son eating? I saw candy corn on burlap....oh my poor eyes I know it wasn't that.

Tammie said...

mary beth: it's been fairly cool here the last few weeks. im loving it.

peggy: it was a giant apple with caramel and candy corn. put your glasses on.

and if we lived closer id totally let you have my children anytime you wanted.

I and J Mommy said...

Was the bus at the patch too? Were you on sauvie island? We are so blessed to have the crisp fall weather and so many farms to visit. Glad the tummy is settling finally at your house.

Tammie said...

it was kruger farms out on sauvie island. and yes, there are so many wonderful pumpkin patches and farms to choose from.

Anonymous said...

You have a way of making everything sound so fun! Have a good one.
Micki

Daphne said...

I love every single thing about this post! Except maybe the hurling part, but it IS good that she waited until she got home. :)