Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mario

Last I checked, it wasn't even the middle of August yet, so I was surprised to find that those overachievers at my local Goodwill have two full isles of Halloween stuff out already. Halloween isn't my favorite holiday so I would normally bypass all of the skulls and witches caps until at least the beginning of October, but I had had a mimosa at breakfast, I was in a good mood, so what the heck? I'm so glad I did because nestled amongst the various snagged up Disney Princess gowns was a Mario costume just the right size for the Mario lover in our house. She really wanted one last Halloween but I just couldn't justify the cost. (I have a hard time parting with my money when it comes to items that will only be used once or twice.)And the $6.99 I paid is much more reasonable than the $34-$50 I've seen around the internet.

Now that I can scratch Halloween off the to-do list, back to more pressing matters, like school shopping.

12 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

"The Girl" is just so damn cute Tammie!. I love this costume. What a great find. I do love Halloween and I especially loved it as a kid.

When do the kids go back to school - end of August? She will be full days now huh? Boy how life has changed this year.

I and J Mommy said...

Love your finds, I must go with you sometime. Perhaps all your Luck might rub off a little.

Daphne said...

That is so freaking cute. And yay, hooray for thrift store Halloween costumes!

mandy said...

your girl is just too cute in that costume. i kind of love how thrift shopping means you often end up buying things wildly out of season and the other-ness of that thing for that time of year takes on a sort of special quality. i'm totally in denial that i have to get things for 'back to school' for b-1 next week.

IWS Radio said...

AND, I bet she would be happy to wear to to Christmas and Easter parties. So, it's an even bigger bargain!

Tammie said...

she'd be wearing it today if i had let her.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Check halloween costumes off your list and pat yourself on the back. You did good.

R.H. Ducky said...

love it, the girl looks adorable in it! i've never been much of a halloween fan myself (but shh don't tell anyone, seems to be the adopted holiday of the gays, and i certainly don't want my card taken away).

Run Lori Run said...

Do you believe it is time for school shopping. I know I say that every year but... How does it happen that I'm shocked every single year?

Dani said...

That's awesome.

Maria Rose said...

Ha ha. I love when kids wear costumes for no particular reason. I kind of wish that Cordelia's closet was only filled with costumes.

Meredith said...

Such a cute Mario costume! :D

I'm a big believer in playing dress-up, in theory (I rarely put forth the effort anymore). My boyfriend's friend is a big-time cosplayer, though, and has photoshoots of herself as Tank Girl, Velma from Scooby Doo, and...a lot of anime characters I don't know. She's my hero. :)