Saturday, July 16, 2011

Random Thoughts

Oh blog (and blog people!), how I've missed you so much. But I'm a working gal now so we are both going to have to get used to this new reduced writing schedule. Or I'm going to have to stay up until two in the morning writing blog posts, which probably is not going to happen because I love sleep far too much. But, right now, it's Saturday morning, the kids are still sleeping, and it seems like the perfect time for some random thoughts.

*MY JOB. I love it. It's totally low key and low stress. When the store is slow and there isn't much else to do, the owner actually encourages us to play games. She wants us to learn and be fully comfortable with every toy in the store so we can be knowledgeable enough to sell all the products. Who wouldn't want to go to work and play Bananagrams or Qwirkle?

*Even though my job is technically part time, I worked six days in a row this past week, almost 40 hours. I'm certainly not complaining, a lot of the jobs I applied for were very part time (like, 8 hours a week), but it was an odd feeling to get thrown so deeply and so quickly back into the game. But again, NOT COMPLAINING. I consider myself lucky to have a job.

*In non-job news, today is our fourteenth wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary to us! (Jay: This one is for you!)

*Monday is the boy's thirteenth birthday. But my thoughts on being the mother of a teenage boy can fill a blog post all on their own.

*I'm so ashamed to admit that I haven't read a book in over a month. Actually, I should amend that: I haven't finished a book in over a month. I was reading a few different things while job hunting but really couldn't focus on them. But I just started The Violets of March, which seems pretty good and I'm anxious to finish it and get back into the habit of writing book reviews.

*Last week we took the kids to John's Incredible Pizza. John's is like Chuck E. Cheese but way louder, way flashier, way more seizure inducing, and way more frenetic. Plus, it has a wine bar, so way better. A few shots from that day:

Peanut butter pizza (Note: It was weird.):
Am I the only one who truly enjoys watching their kids play bumper cars? It's one of those few times when they can safely take out all that violent sibling energy that's bubbling below the surface. "You want to make your sister bounce around like a lifeless rag doll? Sure! All in the name of fun."

Okay, so since this is my first day off in six days, I'm going to go spend some time with my kids, do a little sewing, a little laundry, and maybe make my bed the real way, and not the half assed way I've been doing all week.

14 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I feel so accomplished when I manage to make my bed. Doesn't happen much.

Dani said...

I'm so glad you are loving the job. And yes...it's a real drain on blog life.

Happy anniversary! Love that song. I was a massive Junkie-head in high school and college. I think I have almost all their stuff. Oh, Margo Timmins.

Daphne said...

Go, go, you working girl!! Happy Anniversary, and you guys are awesome.

mandy said...

i'm so happy that you are digging your job.

Maria Rose said...

Happy anniversary! So glad your job is working out so well!

Maria Rose said...

Wait...did the PB pizza have whole (un-shelled) peanuts on it?

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I'm so glad the job is going so well!
Enjoy your day off.
That pizza place sounds very interesting. We have a sort of Chuck E Cheese-like place in Gainesville now called Stevi B's. It's not too bad.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Forgot to say, Happy Anniversary!

Meyser said...

Sounds like a great job! Happy anniversary!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Eventually, you'll find some balance when it comes to work/home life. At first it's overwhelming. Heck, I get overwhelmed on Mondays after a weekend at home. But you're such a smart chica that I know you'll be able to juggle it all. And happy anniversary to you and Jay!

kraftykash said...

Congrats on the super awesome job!! A pizza place for the kids with wine for me? AWESOME!! And your boy is has grown. :)

Lia said...

Awww.. happy belated anniversary!

R.H. Ducky said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday to the boy! Both belated of course. And congrats on the job! I am so far behind in my blog reading. I am going to attempt to get caught up some today though. I've missed hearing, well reading about you and the fam. Much love!

rice krispie treats said...

I am not so sure that you made a sale on the peanut butter pizza.. but I like trying out something new every once in a while..