Monday, July 11, 2011

Let's Talk Movies

(Idea totally stolen from Theresa, and feel free to steal it from me.)

Name a movie you have seen more than ten times: Annie Hall

Name a movie you have seen multiple times in the cinema: The Fugitive. When I was younger I had a huge crush on Tommy Lee Jones ( I know, don't judge.) and one of my friends at the time loved Harrison Ford, so we watched this movie over and over. At times we were the only two in the theatre.

Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a film: Um, Alec. Duh.

Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a film: Ashton Kutcher. Or, Bruce Willis. Or, for that matter, Demi Moore. That whole trifecta makes me ill.

Name a film that you can and do quote from: Hmmmm......this is a tough one. I pick my quotes more from TV than film. I used to quote Twilight for a while, but usually only to my best friend.

Name a musical that you know all of the songs and lyrics to: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (Especially this song by the gloriously spoiled Veruca Salt.)

Name a film that you would recommend everyone see: This is a tough one for me because everyones taste in movies is so different and I honestly don't think I feel strongly enough about any movie to suggest it to everyone.

Ever walked out on a film: No, but only because I see so few movies in the theatre. But there have been plenty of movies that Jay and the boy have watched that I've turned a blind eye to. (I'm looking at you Pineapple Express.)

Name a film that made you cry
:
My god this is embarrassing. My Sister's Keeper. A few months back this was on HBO, like, every other day and I watched it a lot (mainly because of Alec) and cried every time. Fuck all y'all, don't judge me.

Popcorn?
Eh. I prefer Skittles.

How often do you go to the cinema? So very rarely. Aside from Alec, not much gets me to the theatre. Maybe a family film we can all agree on, like The Wimpy Kid movies. So yeah, once a year. Maybe.

What's your favorite film genre? Dark comedies and independent films.

What's the first film you remember seeing at the cinema? I think it was The Empire Strikes Back.

What film do you wish you had never seen?
The Human Centipede. Technically, I haven't actually seen this movie, but I've seen the trailer and it was more than enough. Those three minutes have scarred me for life. If I could un-see that trailer, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I ever actually did see the movie, I'd probably have to be on some serious medications to just carry on with a normal life. If you don't have any idea what The Human Centipede is, than consider yourself lucky. I'm not going to link to it because it is some messed up junk and I refuse to send my readers down that road. So yes, Google at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be? Annie Hall. She is me, I am she.

Total number of films you own on dvd: The majority of our dvd's are of the Blues Clues/Spongebob variety. Aside from that, maybe 10?

Last film you bought: It's Complicated. Sigh. Alec.

Last film you watched: I have no clue because for the last two months our dvd time has been devoted to TV shows like Homicide or The Wire. Our latest Netflix selection though is a movie called Staten Island which has Vincent D'onofrio in it and I love him, even though he's kind of a chunkster now. But that's okay, big boys need love too.

Five films that mean a lot to you: Eh. Again, movies don't really mean that much to me. I love them, but tend to forget about them as soon as the dvd is slid back into its little red envelope and on its way back to Netflix.

10 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie I think I will steal this. I have nothing else - thank you.

And I too think D'Onforio is a cutie. We like a lot of the same guys it seems. I loved his beaten down, overworked,chubby brother in the Break Up. I like him in everything actually.

Annie Hall huh? I've never stayed awake for the whole thing. Since you think you are her - I will make a point to watch this again!!

Tammie said...

peggy: we do like a lot of the same guys! it's funny.

and yes, steal it. its a quick and fun one.

Daphne said...

I wish I had never seen The Human Centipede trailer too. THANKS A LOT. :)

(I'm stealing this)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Love this. And you are so right about chubsters. My all time favorite actor was John Candy. I could seriously have married that man because he'd keep me in stitches. Too bad he died before we ever met.

To this day, I can recite line after line of his from many a movie. My favorite: "You can't get those memories back" from "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" on missing a priceless memory with your kids. My husband and I say that all the time and snicker, cuz there are so many child-rearing memories we just plain want to forget.

~*Gumbo Soul*~ said...

I get such a kick out of your Alec obsession. Every time I see him I think of you. *L*

mandy said...

this is a cool post. jay always teases me that i'm annie hall when i'm ordering at a restaurant; can't help it, i like food to be how i like it which involves multiple directions. love that movie.
my favorite is benny and june. i love it and cry. every. time.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

-Pineapple Express is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.
-I've never walked out of a movie, either. I'm too cheap, I guess.
-I ONLY like red Skittles. You can have all the rest. =)
-My Sister's Keeper pisses me off because they changed the ending from the book.
-The only movies I regularly quote are Toy Story & Forrest Gump.

Tammie said...

daphne: i still feel bad that i shared it with you!

jodi: i agree 100%. i have no qualms about bigger men. now if only men would come around to this way of thinking.

theresa: it's kinda sad isnt it? i dont care though.

mandy: i would love to be sitting and watching Annie hall with you right now and your overly pregnant self. i havent seen benny and joon in so long. i had a sort of friend who insisted that she was joon(she wasnt)but the way she 'related' to the character annoyed me and it kinda ruined the movie for me.

cyndy: i am so glad im not the only one that hates that movie. jay and monty were laughing like crazy and i was just rolling my eyes. and yes red skittles are the best, and ive heard the My sisters keeper book is way better. i may have to read it one day soon.

craftytammie said...

i remember seeing empire strikes back as a kid, the line for it stretched around the building! we were stoked!

as far as movies you wish you hadn't seen, i LOVED them, but my sis-in-law hated the lord of the rings trio. she wanted to scream throw the f**king ring already, i want 12 hours of my life back!!

Dani said...

I know what The Human Centipede is and I don't need to watch the trailer...the mental picture alone was enough to fuck me up.

My favorite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

And I can just about quote The Princess Bride from beginning to end.

I'm putting this on my "steal" list as far as blogging is concerned.