Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Silliness

The other day I was at Goodwill and I came across a bag filled with stationery odds and ends. Inside the bag were three of these gals:Her name is Holly Hostess and she is the 'host' to the Parasite Pals, one of which you see right now in Holly's belly. This particular parasite is Blinky the eyelash mite, but I definitely want to find Tickles the Tapeworm. If you go to the Parasite Pals website (and I know you're gonna) you can read this description:

Here is the girl with small friends of life present for always. Some irritation she finds with them, but much fun and love is to be shared! Hope for you to enjoy much the friends like Holly. The good fun of Parasite Pals bring us together.

LOVE IT! I think from now on when my kids start to bug me, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs, "Some irritation I find with you!"

Also cluttering up my apartment are these thread spool people:

My son tells me that one of the other art classes at his school made these and he's been finding them all over the school and our neighborhood. Such a simple, yet clever idea. Plus, I love how they are being found in random places.

Finally, the third thing I wanted to share with you all today is this:

Earlier in the week I got a letter from Jessie and she enclosed a few of the above stickers. I love how they celebrate low-level achievement. I may not be a winner, but I did my best! After a day of job hunting: I may not be gainfully employed, but I did my best! This may be my new motto.

11 comments:

Jessie at LunaPacifica said...

Those stickers are hilarious, as are the parasite pals. What a hoot!

~*Gumbo Soul*~ said...

I kinda don't know what to think about the parasite thing. LOL However, the thread spool dolls are really cool!

Daphne said...

This whole post cracked me up! I need some of those stickers right now..

Tammie said...

jessie: i love the stickers! they put me in a good mood. :)

theresa: i feel the same way. im repulsed by the parasite thing, yet i also want to collect all of them.

daph: i know right? your best is all that can be expected of you.

Carol said...

You always find just the most unique things! Love the stickers!

Run Lori Run said...

Seriously. I thought you were joking until I clicked the link. Really??????

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

My mother always told me to do my best and no one could ask for more. Those words really resonated after I became a mother -- and was feeling really inadequate. It's a great motto.

I'm with you on those spool dolls -- it is fun that they're turning up randomly.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

The parasite pals kind of creep me out...yet funny.

I love love love the randomness of the spool dolls. Cool idea.

the perfect job for you just hasn't found you yet - you'll get it.

Dani said...

I love that sort of shit.

There are these yarn voodoo dolls in the HEB coin machines. The Ninjas are getting some friends.

hester said...

Good luck with your job hunting, Tammie. Maybe you could get a job in a local bookshop. If they want lots of experience that you don't have, maybe you could offer to do a few hours a week on a voluntary basis. You would get some experience and they would fall in love with your charms and want you to stay forever and get paid!

kraftykash said...

I need a parasite pal to chase off all the annoying people I know. LOL