Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day Hike

On Father's Day Jay wanted to go hiking. I have to admit that at first I wasn't up to it. The stress of job hunting is slowly breaking me down and I was certain the kids would wear me out even more with their petty bickering. The drive to Bagby Hot Springs was long, but once we got there I was glad we had made the trip. Annoying children seem far less annoying when they have acres of woodsy land to roam around in and a cool stream to splash in.
Tree graffiti:Why do I think a twelve year old boy wrote this one: Like all of Oregon's parks, Bagby Hot Springs is simply gorgeous. So lush, green, and alive. (Plus, at the end of the hike there are FREE {!!!!} hot tubs in hollowed out logs. We didn't get to take advantage of this because the wait was long and the girl only has so much patience, but I vow to return.)
On Father's Day there were so many good sentiments in blog land. (The beauty and simplicity of this one stands out in my mind.) And I don't really know if I have anything creative to add to the discussion about Dads. But I will say that Jay is the best dad I know. He's worked tirelessly and without complaint to make better lives for our children. And on a more personal note, he's really good at picking up my slack. When I've had enough or feel like I'm going to lose it, he knows when to jump in. He is forever and always, my partner.


Happy belated Father's Day to all the dads out there.

5 comments:

Daphne said...

Great post, great dad, and Bagby is really a fantastic place!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This was a beautiful post Tammie.

And the tree graffiti was pretty funny.

Wish I had had a Dad like Jay!

Tammie said...

daph: it really is! i definitely want to go back and take advantage of the hot tubs.

peggy: i wish i had had a dad like jay too.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

It's always good to know someone's got your back....You guys make a great family. I admire you for getting your kids to go on these hikes. I can't move my kids most times.

Dani said...

Go Jay!!!!

Beautiful destination. I've yet to see a bit of Oregon that isn't.

Your boy cut his hair!!!