Friday, June 17, 2011

A Day in the Life of Detective Terri Stivers

I mentioned a few weeks back that Jay and I have been spending our evenings watching Homicide: Life on the Street, a crime/detective show from the nineties.There are eight seasons of this show, a large portion of which Jay and I have watched in the last three weeks. Needless to say, lately it's all we think about and all we talk about. So it should come as no surprise that when I bought this odd little stuffed cat at Goodwill, the first name to pop into my head was one of the detectives on the show, Terri Stivers, a tiny but tough female cop.

Before I tell you more about this cat, I'd like to share a few moments from her day:

"That's my yarn Detective Terri Stivers.""Uh-oh, you better wait your turn Detective.""Oooh good work Detective. You've used your keen observational skills to locate Oregon's elusive sunbeam. Enjoy it while it lasts.""This bathroom is occupied."

A few thoughts on this cat:

*She's not a regular stuffed toy. She's some strange toy/taxidermy hybrid.

*You can't tell by any of these pictures, but she's a bobble head. This fact makes it much more fun to give her scritchies under her chin.

*Jay was actually the one to find her and for that I am forever grateful. He showed her to me and half jokingly said, "You want this don't you?" Hells yeah!

*The girl really wants her, but this toy is all mine. But it's funny to hear her say things like, "Can Detective Terri Stivers sit with me on the couch?" Or, "Aww look, Detective Terri Stivers likes me."

Detective Terri Stivers, one of the silly diversions keeping me sane lately.

10 comments:

Jessie at LunaPacifica said...

Oh, for shit's sake. Only you would have a hybrid taxi-toy'd cat.

You rock, T. I hope to see more of this faux, faux cat.

Tammie said...

jessie: HA HA HA. i love you.

Daphne said...

This is just too awesome. The Adventures of Detective Terri Stivers! Rock on, Detective! And watch out, I think little old lady kitty probably wants her food to herself...

Tammie said...

daphne: isabelle has never had an appreciation for anything smaller, fluffier, or cuter than herself. Detective Stivers needs to watch her back.

Carla said...

You are hilarious! I love it.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Now who would give away such a treasure?

Run Lori Run said...

I used to LOVE that show!!!

Tammie said...

lori: im so glad that someone else knows the show and loved it. whenever i mention it im usually met with blank stares.

Dani said...

I was into that show. I think I came late to the party and then when I got into it they cancelled it. That's the way my luck is.

I really thought you had a new cat.

This is both disturbing and entertaining. Don't rewrite your will leaving Detective Terri Stivers sole beneficiary.

Tammie said...

dani: oh my god woudnt that be nuts! jay said that if the monthly cat food bill goes up he's going to get me professional help.