Monday, March 28, 2011

Things I'm Into Right Now

Wow. I just checked my archives and I haven't done a Things I'm Into post since October. Yikes. I mean, lately I've noticed that life has been wearing on me a bit more than usual but I didn't realize it had been over six months since I had made a short list of the little everyday things I'm loving. I definitely think a list is in order.

*Homemade PizzaWe have it about twice a month and it's my favorite dinner. This last one-cheese, mushroom, asparagus, and spinach-was especially good.

*Bangs. Particularly, the girl's new ones.Creating them was a team effort by me and Jay after watching the girl suck on her hair one too many times.You'd think that between the two of us we could cut a straight line, but no.I still love them though. Just looking at them makes me want to read Ramona Quimby books:

*Regular ShowDoes anyone else watch this completely off the wall show on Cartoon Network? It's bizarre, funny, and only 15 minutes long. And only sort of for the kiddies.

*Crochet. Despite having some really good reading material on my nightstand, I haven't been reading much. This past week or so it's been all about the crochet. The repetitive process is soothing and easy to do while watching TV. I've made a few dishcloths and taught myself the double crochet stitch. I've also begun two blankets, one for each of the kids. The boy's was almost done when I decided to unwind the entire thing and start over. Jay thinks I'm nuts but I knew if I had kept the blanket as it was, I would hate looking at it.


What are you into lately?

15 comments:

~*Gumbo Soul*~ said...

I'm into that pizza. LOL But no, really, that thing looks YUMMY!

Love the Girl's bangs! She DOES look like Ramona.

Is it bad that I let Nadia watch the Regular Show? I tried to be a good parent and kind of stop her... like once or twice,.. and now I mostly just pretend she doesn't watch it. That's horrible, right? (say no. lol)

Tammie said...

theresa: i dont think its bad at all! lucy watches it, and really it's not that questionable. i mean, i could see how some people wouldnt want their kids to watch it. im just not one of those people.
and believe me, there have been times when ive let lucy watch some pretty rough stuff (language wise) and regretted it later but i dont consider regular show on par with those at all.

Dani said...

OMG. She is so cute! She looks like Scout in To Kill A Mockingbird! We are growing The Girl's hair to a straight bob vs. The angled bob she now sports.

I miss crochet.

Life has been beating my ass. It's odd. Last year was more difficult. I was more depressed. But I think I handled it better. Minus the thrice weekly drinking nights. Ahem.

This year I don't seem to have time for anything. I feel like my blog has gone totally stale. I'm very uninspired. Meh. Call me dry toast.

Maybe I should go back to drinking.

Tammie said...

dani: thats exactly how it is here! my life last year was worlds stressier, and i still found time to blog. now im mostly content and staying busy, but when i go to blog about it, i completely flake. i dont get it.

hester said...

Oh my! Those photos of the girl are so beautiful.

Nowheymama said...

We love making homemade pizza.

K. recently learned double crochet, and she loves it. She says it's so much faster. Maybe one day I'll have her teach me all she knows....

Cute bangs!

Carla said...

It's been a rough year on a lot of people I've found. As least we're not alone!
The Girl is adorable - I love the bangs.
Homemade pizza rocks, we eat it regularly too but aren't overly adventurous when it comes to toppings.

Daphne said...

She is such a Ramona!! Adorable. We were just thinking last night that we needed to make some pizza. Thanks for the inspiration!

Maria Rose said...

I love the bangs!

I am into sitting around and doing nothing! I am crashing after a super busy month so I am going strong on my plan to accomplish very little this week.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

The bangs look terrific! Your daughter has beautiful blue eyes.

If it's any consolation, I'm in the process of ripping out half-of-an afghan right now. Frustration.

Tammie said...

hester: thank you! those were taken during one of the rare moments when she wasnt picking her nose/eating her boogers. :)

nowhey: i completely agree with K. i feel like im covering more ground, quicker with the double crochet.

jodi: im glad im not the only one. i felt kind of sily unwinding six months of work. glad to know im not alone.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

a funk.
That is what I am into lately a big fat funk.

victoria said...

thank God my 21 day juice cleanse is over, otherwise that delicious looking pizza would make me feel jealous and deprived.

Lucy is so beautiful. love the bangs ... and that look on her face is just too much!

Pam said...

First, I agree with Dani, your darling girl does remind me of Scout.

We've been into homemade pizza here also. Hello! Why haven't I been doing this all along. So much better than the pizzeria. Red peppers and mushrooms on mine.

Other than that I am in a funk. It's easier to list what I am not into lately. My 365 project at flickr, my daily 3-line journal, or my blog. I think it's time for a re-boot.

Visty said...

Love the bangs and bob! I kept Brenna's hair like that until she was about 7. Then she wanted to grow it out. Ellery sees sissy's long hair and wants me to stop cutting it. So she's got no bangs and her little bob is growing out. I just weep into my sad little hands every night as I caress my professional shears.