Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Haircut

Saturday morning, at the spur of the moment, I decided to take the girl to get her hair cut. She'd been after me about getting a haircut for awhile and I don't really know why I put it off as long as I did. She hated having her long hair brushed and fixed and I hated brushing and fixing it, so the new style makes for happiness all around.This was her first real haircut ever and I was a bit worried about how it would go. But once she hopped into the chair she was super still and silent as a mouse. So much so, that I'm considering getting a barbers chair for home.The girl originally wanted short hair like mine and while I have no problem with that in theory, it's all I can do to maintain proper upkeep of my hair, so we decided to go for something a bit more low maintenance. Maybe next time we'll go crazy and ask for bangs.

After we came home, the boy was really sweet to her the rest of the day. When I asked why his response was, "When someone really annoying gets a haircut, it's easy to be nice to them because you momentarily forget it's that annoying person."
Do you think I can convince all the annoying people in my life to get haircuts?

13 comments:

Daphne said...

Oh wow, what a super cute haircut. And your son is such a sweetie.

LOVE the new 'do!

Dysfunctional Mom said...

I love it, she looks sassy!
I cracked up when you said you were considering a barber chair for home, and then laughed harder when I read what the boy said about the haircut. That is good stuff. I love the matter-of-fact honesty of his explanation.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This was a funny post!

"The girl" really looks cute with her new do.

Thanks for the morning giggles.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

BTW I like the new header. You sure have become quite the photographer since living in the PNW.

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

So sweet! My nieces both just got bobs. They are especially great in the summer. We have had Ladybug's hair short like this since the lice outbreak of '09.

Tammie said...

cyndy: thanks so much!

peggy: thank you. its really so easy for me to take nice pictures here because everything is so damn pretty. :)

steph: lice was something i was always worried about with the long hair. i mean, i know its still a possibility, but far less daunting.

kraftykash said...

WOW! That is a cute cut! She really looks like her Mama. She is getting so big. That was nice of her brother to be nice.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your son has such a way with words. I'm surrounded by a few annoying people....Let me know how the theory pans out after a day or two.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention that your girl is as cute as a button.

Lia said...

SO CUTE! I love bobs. If I had a little girl, that's the cut I would want for her.

Maria Rose said...

Oh my, your son is hilarious and your girl is super-cute!

Dani said...

C. U. T. E.

The Girl and The Girl could pass as sisters.

My girl can't handle the upkeep either. She always wants hers long...but one "rat" and here come the waterworks.

My classroom is a lice rave party. We have dodged the little bastards thus far, but we smell like a walking bottle of tea tree oil. Seriously. I do head checks on my kids (the ones at home and at school) every effing day. It's ridiculous! I finally sent a very blunt note to the parents that they needed to treat their head bug issue. BUY SOME RID!

victoria said...

she is so freaking cute .. and that was funny! Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy these days .. before My Girl starts talking!! ;-)