Thursday, December 16, 2010

My New Favorite Shirt

My new favorite shirt really wanted to be featured in the blog. I tried to take pictures of her but my apartment is just so dark. So when the rain let up, we went outside and my shirt was able to play amongst the pine trees.I bought my new favorite shirt at Goodwill for $6.99. I almost didn't buy her. For one thing, she has a few ever so small coffee stains on her and I never buy anything with spots on it.Also, she's mainly silk, which means she'll need to visit the dry cleaner once in a while. I never buy anything that needs to be dry cleaned. So yes, I broke a few of my rules just so my new favorite shirt and I could be together.

While at Goodwill I took the shirt off the rack and put it back about half a dozen times, but ultimately couldn't walk away from a shirt with such lovely little details: I'm willing to look over her few minor flaws. Love conquers all.

13 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Great steal. but you should have modeled. I know how you enjoy that.

Tammie said...

HA!

kraftykash said...

That is a good find! The goodwills here have been poopy lately! In fact, I have thought of doing a FAIL thrift store blog post. LOL

Dysfunctional Mom said...

She is very pretty!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love hitting the jackpot. And, it's all about the details. Not everyone appreciates such finery, but you are a discerning soul. Enjoy your treasure.

Haleine said...

I like the shirt but I really loved the pictures you took of her. They were very pretty.

Dawm said...

She's a beauty!

The WoodLand School said...

What a magnificent score ... great shirt at a great price! (... even if the shirt is a bit bossy to demand her own blog post ;-)

Dani said...

I like...but I have a thing for tunics with pretty little details.

Daphne said...

Pretty and cute and very sweet under a nice cozy Oregon-style sweater...

We can overlook little flaws in the ones we love. :)

mandy said...

oh my. i love this top.

you have the same thrifting rules as i do...and i would have broken them too.

Kim said...

Such a sweet top! You need to post some pix of you wearing it. :)

Sage said...

It's lovely!!!

I find it much easier to break the rules on a $6.99 Goodwill treasure, than a $100+ investment :)

I'm an American living in Denmark and the secondhand furniture and housewares are fab, but the clothes suck! I've been here since May and I'm only managed to get 2 dresses and a skirt! I miss Goodwill :(