Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Things I'm Into Right Now

*My Halloween Rats
Would it be weird to keep them out after Halloween is over? I kinda dig them.

*Jojoba Oil
A few months back Daphne mentioned using this as a facial moisturizer and getting good results. I was a bit apprehensive about putting straight up oil on my face, but I'm loving it. It sinks right in and doesn't leave me feeling greasy. Plus, it only costs about $7 a bottle, which is about $25 less than my usual moisturizer.

*My new shoes, an early birthday gift from Jay.
*This cowl neck scarf, lovingly made by Maria Rose.
*Teddy Thompson I know I've mentioned Teddy here before, but I'm sure it's been a while. I try to keep the Teddy chatter to a minimum because I know the world doesn't love depressing mood music as much as I do. But he has a new album coming out next February and in preparation I've been listening to all the old stuff. February 2011 isn't that far away, right?

*The Banksy/sweatshop opening at the beginning of last Sunday's episode of The Simpsons. If you haven't seen it already, PLEASE watch. (You can read more about it here.)




9 comments:

daphne said...

Aw, I love the rats. And the neck scarf!!

I am a big jojoba oil fan. I actually apply it TO small breakouts and it heals them right up. Crazy. Glad you are enjoying!!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

OMG! Those SHOES?!!!! I MUST have them!! They're ADORABLE!! You need to go out DANCING when you're wearing a pair of those!! Also, the rats are FANTASTIC!! I especially like the one sitting up! Priceless!

Happy Halloween!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LOVE THE "SPECTATOR" SHOES!!!!!!

this oil doesn't feel greasy? Hmmm.....it's be cheaper than my moisturizer so i may try this...thank you.

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

I found an awesome rat-shaped, BLEEDING candle at the thrift store one time. It was still in the package! Who "donates" these things? It was definitely a one of a kind find.
My friend wanted it for her boyfriend. So I let her buy it instead of me. I'm such a good friend.

And those shoes are killer!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love those shoes. Love them. I'm wanting a pair of saddle shoes so badly right now. I'm not sure why -- my daughter always wore them when she was little, but I couldn't find any in my size. And rats? Seriously? Heebie jeebies.

victoria said...

oh shut up with those shoes! Love them. Miss you and your posts! Been moving and without Internet! Be back soon! :-))

Carla said...

I'm going to chime in and declare that I too LOVE those shoes! I want some.

Dani said...

The rats...creepy. In a appealing sort of way.

Maybe I should try the oil. I've been on a big anti-wrinkle cream kick. I'm under the delusion that I can stop time from moving forward. But a $7 delusion is better than what I'm paying now.

Cute shoes. And a cowl is on my crochet list...has been for a while. They are so easy. Don't know what I'm waiting on.

I must me a depression music fan as well...I dig me some Teddy from time to time. Although, I can't stop listening to The National after that show. Or before it for that matter.

heather said...

yay. a new freaky irregular blogger friend!! i would totally leave black rats out all the time! did you see myrtle and eunice's mosquito wings? do you know that blog?

i'm so glad you commented to me. thanks for relating. relating is everything for me. often. with friends. it's everything!! nice to meet you. real raw honest one. so refreshing.

oh~~ those shoes. i have some so similar that my husband gave me before we were even dating. i still have them and they are in great condition. maybe i will wear them soon.....AND i'm totally gonna try the jojoba on my face! i put it in my hair sometimes.