Sunday, October 10, 2010

Small, Silly, Impromptu Twilight Tour:: Part One

Friday night Jay and I watched New Moon. It sucked. There was way too much shirtless Jacob and not enough sparkly Edward. Go Team Edward! (Are the kids still doing that?) But it did remind us how we've been wanting to tour some of the places around Portland where Twilight was filmed.

The greenhouse scene was filmed here at Clackamas Community College:I wanted to get more pictures but I was sorta nervous because they was a campus cop hovering around and I didn't know if snooping around the greenhouse would get us into trouble. I also didn't really want to be forced to say why I was snooping around the greenhouse in the first place.

We next went to Madison High School, where some of the school moments were filmed. I was prepared to take pictures there, but really, it wasn't that interesting. It was just a high school, and sort of a dank one at that.

After that we went home to pick up the kids and head over to Oxbow Park, where some of Twilight's lush forest scenes were filmed, but that will be tomorrow's post because between the two of us Jay and I took almost 150 pictures of this very beautiful park and I need a bit more time to choose and edit photos.

7 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Your new header is GORGEOUS!!!

Is that from your Twilight tour?

Jem @ Luna Pacifica said...

I love the header! There are so many days where you'll see just that: mist, green, peace.

I thought all the Twilight movies (thus far) sucked, and that's okay! They're fun for what they are.

Ps. Go team Jacob!

Tammie said...

peggy: yep, its from Oxbow Park, which was GORGEOUS!

jessie: yeah, i liked the first one, but its still just silly fun, ya know?

I'm Team Edward all the way but Jacob looks much better with his hair cut.

Daphne said...

Thankfully the third movie was better. I almost couldn't watch the second one.

I think I already mentioned how insanely crazy I am about your new beautiful header!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Ha -- my son and his peeps at college have been scoping out Elm Street in Potsdam, supposedly the street the "Nightmare...." was based on. You're so funny searching the scenes. I haven't seen a "Twilight" movie yet (probably won't).

Dani said...

Good Lord, your new header is out of a storybook!

Nice job!

Can't wait to hear more about this Twilight tour. What fun!

Go, Team Edward.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Beautiful header. I think I'm the only one who has yet to read a Twilight book or see a movie...