Saturday, September 18, 2010

Things That Make for a Happy Saturday

*Grey, pleasantly drippy weather.

*Jay not having to go to work until 4:30.

*Not only going to garage sales, but coming home with goodies. Which I will photograph and share with you on the next slightly sunny day. (Soooo, maybe next April.)

*Going to the library to pick up a book I requested and finding that they actually have two books I requested. (I don't know if I've yet sung the praises of the Portland area library system, but it.is.AWESOME.)

*Pumpkin chip muffins quietly eaten out on the balcony. Alone.....
Yep, it's that time of year. The time of year when I start chucking a can of pumpkin into everything I make. This particular recipe comes courtesy of Jodi and it's flawless.

*Having the dryer break (potentially a very bad thing) BUT having the maintenance man fix it within just a few hours of me placing the service request. For the last few years of my life, it seemed as if every little thing was a struggle and I was constantly asking, "Why does everything have to be so hard?" It's really nice, for a change, to be able so sit back and say, "Wow! That was so much easier than I expected it to be." I love easy. Easy is good!

I hope that your Saturday was a happy one. And if not, I at least hope it was easy.

9 comments:

alisha said...

so glad you had a happy saturday :) it sounds awesome.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm glad the muffins were a success. Today -- it's making something with zucchini. There's too much of it around here. And hurray for efficient repairmen. They're few and far between.

Dani said...

Happy Saturdays are such a nice thing. They can get you through the whole next week!

I bought two cans of pumpkin today at the store. I'm thinking like you.

Lia said...

Did you see SNL? It was a re-run of the Betty White episode. So damn funny. Your muffin made me think of the Delicious Dish sketch. Ahh, good times, good times.

Daphne said...

Love the new header! So glad you are enjoying fall... mm... pumpkin...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

love love love the new header!!

kraftykash said...

Thanks....I needed this today. LOVE the new header photo.

Becky..AMHW said...

It's the machine. Those 99 buck machines you can buy just anywhere are full of soft metal and plastic parts. You losing your specialty stitches, that's not a HUGE surprise with these models. I tell new sewers not to buy a new introductory model brother, singer or simplicity because these parts fail and then you think they problem is you.

Instead, go to Sears and buy a Kenmore! They have introductory models for great prices...better, they are made by Janome and they are quality machines. Have a linky.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?vName=Appliances&keyword=kenmore sewing machine

D'Arcy said...

Grey drippy weather makes for a happy Saturday? You are SO an Oregonian!