Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Fruit Loop

You all thought I was done with this didn't you? Oh no, I have many more pictures to go through and I think I can get a few more blog posts out of this, and with NaBloWriMo almost upon us, I need to stretch this out as long as possible.

Our next stop on the Fruit Loop was Rasmussen Farms.The highlight for me was the corn maze.Can you believe this was my first corn maze ever?Luckily, I wore the perfect corn maze shoes:(Thank you to all you Pacific Northwesterners who suggested I buy rain boots! They've come in very handy.)

In amongst the corn were some of the prettiest, largest sunflowers I've ever seen. They were bigger than my head. Okay, that's not saying much because I have a tiny pinhead. They were bigger than Jay's head, which is huge. (Trust me, I've given birth to the man's children, he has a big head.)Shortly after leaving Rasmussen, we split a sandwich and a beer at Mt. Hood Country store which appears to be a country store/deli/pub:You have to love a place whose slogan is "We Heart Beer."


Up next:: The last of my Fruit Loop photos. And just as a reminder, there's still time to sign up for NaBloWriMo. Pop over to the website for more information.

6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This looked like such fun. I can't believe that was your first corn maze.

I am looking for rain boots - do you like yours? I can't find ones that are a bit fun looking and under $200.00 and yet fit. I'm hoping Target or someone will have some soon!

daphne said...

I went to that store when I was up in January, on our way to go skiing! Love that place.

Cute photos. I'm thinking of growing some sunflowers next year.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Nothing like a corn maze in the Fall! Wait -- a corn maze and beer. Awesome sunflowers.

Dani said...

What a fun day to spend as a couple. Really, very sweet.

Rain boots rule. I adore mine.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Looks like a great day.

Aleta said...

I had to laugh at the beginning of your post. I was going to ask if you are doing NaBloWriMo this year! I signed up again for it and hope I have enough inspiration to write things of interest... so, I'll be filling up the posts with our recent trip.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sunflower pictures!!