Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kindergarten

Is blog land sick of seeing pictures of small, back-packed children all ready for their first day of school? Well too bad, because I haven't posted mine yet.

Here she is, clearly excited.Here's picture number two.This was taken after we told her to stop acting like a Dorkwad McSpazzatron for two seconds so we can take a decent picture. Although you can see that she still has the "I'm Number One!" fingers out. Spazz.

And here she is running ahead of us, because Mom and Dad are so not cool.Whatever little one, you don't bother me. Your brother has already significantly worn me down.

So, the first day of school went well. She made some friends and played and is excited to go back tomorrow. Which is wonderful. It was all much easier than the boy's first day of kindergarten. Back in the day he ran screaming from the classroom and had crying bouts that lasted most of the year. Needless to say, it was a tough time for our family and I'm glad I don't have to relive that again.

One down, one to go. The big one starts school tomorrow.

12 comments:

daphne said...

One thing about that kid, she is not shy about being herself. :)

Super cute.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Each one gets easier and easier. When they're happy, you're happy. Having lived through the last few weeks without my number one child, I can say it does get easier. Every day. Good luck tomorrow. My younger two headed off to the Jr./Sr. High yesterday -- I danced a little jig as they closed the door behind them.

Maria Rose said...

What are you going to do with your free time?

Sarah12730 said...

Yay! Kindergarten is awesome! I don't know how I got through the days before I could send the children away to torment others for several hours.

mandy said...

oh she looks so cute in her first day outfit.

i can totally see our number one freaking out when he goes for his first day.

she looks so totally excited, very cool

Dani said...

Ha! Love it!

Would she like to be added to my roster? I love some little spit-fires to add interest to my day.

Not Hannah said...

Oh, I luff her little outfit. She's so precious I can hardly stand it.

kraftykash said...

Score one for you on some alone time while the kiddos are both at school.

Dysfunctional Mom said...

She is too cute! I hope they both have a great year.

gordoria.wordpress.com said...

She is so cute! Love her! That little smile is to die for.

I can't wait to hear about your upcoming solo adventures.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I love that The Girl is so happy and comfortable just being whomever she is. I hope school and peer pressure don't squash that. She's one cool little gal and so damn cute I want to squeeze her! Can I babysit?

Lia said...

Love it! She's adorable.

I also love that you called her Dorkwad McSpazzatron. We've been known to call our friends Sloshy McBrew after they've had a few too many. Ha!