Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fruit Loop::The Gorge White House

Our next stop on the Fruit Loop was The Gorge White House.
Everything about this place was like something out of a fairy tale.As I looked past the rows and rows of fresh U-Pick flowers, I definitely had another one of those, I can't believe we're finally here in Oregon moments. (I've lived here six months, do you think I'll ever stop having those?)There is an expression that's popular right now, "Bloom where you're planted." It's used to describe the attitude you get when you're trying to make the best of whatever bad (or maybe just not ideal) situation that you find yourself in. I get what people are trying to do when they say that, I really do. I spent years trying to bloom where I was planted. It's exhausting and at times very depressing.If I could give any advice to those people, it would be to do whatever it takes and make every possible sacrifice to Plant yourself where you can bloom.
My only regret is that we didn't do it sooner.

13 comments:

Daphne said...

Excellent advice. I feel like that's what we've done as well. And no, you probably won't ever stop having those moments! At least, I hope not! I hope your new home/state continues to bring you joy and wonder as long as you live there. I'm envious of you experiencing your first Oregon autumn, my very favorite season in my very favorite place.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Tam this is a good entry.
I love the dahlia's in the forefront of these photos.

I understand this as you know more than most. It is good to feel at home isn't it?

Happy for you!

Carla said...

Beautiful pictures and post!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You are so wise and so right. I like your spin on it. Those flowers are so beautiful. Everything's dying here. But I do so love the changing leaves.

Dani said...

Sometimes a plant needs to be repotted to grow strong, healthy, and beautiful. I'm glad you found your new pot.

Gorgeous scenery. Simply gorgeous.

hester said...

What a beautiful place and I love your take on the "bloom where you are planted" saying. You deserve all the happiness you are finding in Oregon for having the guts to make it happen.

kat said...

great advice! I think it should be my new mantra. Its a bit catchier than "get the hell outta here, get the hell outta here..."
The mountains are where I belong but I seem to be stuck in the prairies for the moment-

Alisha said...

So pretty.

What you say is so true. My therapist keeps telling me that damn phrase (in more or less words). But sometimes a place just doesn't feel right. I'm giving myself one more year to try to make it work and then I must, I absolutely must, leave.

I am so happy you found your place :)

kraftykash said...

This post warmed my heart and spirit today.

Jem said...

You're here now!
I love the pics!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Plant yourself where you can bloom is so perfect! (Seriously, you've been there six months already?! Wow...)

What a gorgeous area and seeing a wine tasting sign is just added beauty to my eyes!

Maria Rose said...

I share the sentiment exactly!

Run Lori Run said...

You may have stopped by my family's place on the fruit loop, Apple Valley COuntry store. My mom actually came up with the title "Fruit Loop" for them too, years ago. Your photos make me want to go home for another visit. I need some apples!