Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ten on Ten:: August

Jay and I have this expression: "jammed up." As in "I'm feeling jammed up." Or, "Back it up, you all are jamming me up." Jammed up is that feeling you get when it seems as if your surroundings are closing in on you, the kids are extra needy, the noise level in your house is so high that you can't even think, the pets won't leave you alone, your to-do list is a mile long, and even just your significant other wanting a hug seems like a demand you have no desire to fulfill.

Yesterday, I was jammed up and in no mood to do Ten on Ten. Plus, it was overcast most of the day so I really had to work to get some decent pictures. I'm glad I stuck with it though, because now I can see that yesterday had a few good moments:

A finished book. (Review to come soon for this very weird story.)
Among the stacks. (I finally got a library card. Yay.)Snack.Back porch gardening. Some of the girls pots are filled with little more than weeds and dirt at this point, but she dutifully cares for them.Climbing into a messy bed to read some of our haul.Sadie. This damn chihuahua was definitely doing her part to contribute to my jammed up feeling. Every time I turned around she was underfoot.Late lunch/early dinner made by Jay. I've been craving vegetables lately.The bane of my existence. And I was just saying the other day how I felt like I had the laundry under control. Famous last words.Afternoon tea.
IKEA instructions. (Love the expressions they put on the faces.) Since it appears that we may be in this apartment longer than anticipated, we decided to make the most of it and better utilize the tiny amount of space we have, so bunk beds were purchased. As I type this, the children are quietly enjoying their new beds. I hope the novelty of this purchase doesn't wear off anytime soon.

10 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

These were fun!
I must admit I can not wait to hear what you thought of that book!

I too love those IKEA folks in the instruction. My whole lake house is IKEA and Rick would imitate them. The grimmace is a hoot isn't it?

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

So are you going to share Jay's recipe? It looks really good and it's almost dinnertime here in NYS.

I hope things are less jammed today.

Dani said...

Oh...hoping you are less jammed today.

I'm loving your 10. It's very real...little real glimpses of your world.

The Boy still loves his bunk bed and it's been around for 2+ years.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I read that book on vacation so I can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

Jay's dinner looks very yummy!

lia said...

I agree with Dani. I love the realness of your 10 pics. Good job persevering.

And that dinner does look yummy.

daphne said...

These are great pictures. I totally know what you mean by "jammed up!"

I love the IKEA drawings too.

kristine said...

DUDE! starbucks donuts are GOOD!!!
love the jammed up verbage. totally feeling that 'round here!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

That stir fry looks yummy! And, LOL at the IKEA instructions!

Penny said...

I skipped the book review, I may want to read that one...your library looks really nice, is there a starbucks in it?

We bought a dining room table from ikea before we moved. It has two leaves in the middle you can take out and then shove the sides of the table together to make it smaller (or vice versa) it literally took me all.day to put that table together...those damn pictures were KILLING ME.

Tammie said...

penny: no but that would be awesome!! the starbucks is a block or two away.