Monday, August 16, 2010

Saint Cupcake

Jay and I first drove past Saint Cupcake a month or so ago. My first thought was I want to go to there. At that moment though, the timing wasn't right, the kids were home alone, and we were already headed back. But I made a mental note to return. Soon.

Apparently Jay was on the same page as I was because this past Sunday he suggested we make a stop there while running errands. An hour later I returned home with a couple boxes of goodies:
What is it about cupcakes? Just looking at them all lined up in their pretty little boxes waiting to be eaten really makes me smile. And then when you put them on a plate, it's just instant good mood.As much as I love to bake, it's nice when someone else does all the work and I can just sit back and enjoy the view.A few thoughts on the product:

*Not only are they pretty, but they taste good too. I almost hate to say this, but these are even better than homemade. Other people's baked goods tend not to impress me (I'm snooty that way) but I was impressed.

*If by chance you happen to be here locally, check out the 'day-old' section. A box of cupcakes for $5? Yes, please!

*If by chance you aren't local, they deliver. Just sayin'.

(Also:: Maria Rose, the random number generator has selected you as the winner of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. Drop me a line with your address and I'll get it out to you soon.)

14 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mmmmmm..............

i love cakes, cupcakes or otherwise. I miss them terribly.

Tammie said...

peggy: i agree. and sadly, ive yet to find a perfect gluten free version.

Not Hannah said...

I would eat that whole box right frickin' now. In one bite. Maybe the box, too...

Also ahhahahahahahaa--my wv is "omens."

Maria Rose said...

I can't believe those cupcakes, they are so pretty! I was a cupcake skeptic until recently, didn't get it...now I do.

PS I am excited I won the book. I will have to let you know if I chare your opinion!

victoria said...

yeah, cupcakes are good. I love cake, so little versions of cake put me in a good mood as well. When I was preg. I discovered these little "two bite" cupcakes. Love them. Really really love them. To the point where I couldn't have them in the house. I call them "two cupcakes in one mouth at the same time" cupcakes. Or, Crack-cakes :-)

Dysfunctional Mom said...

Last week I had the absolute best cupcake I've ever had in my life, and it was super-pretty...and you'll never believe where it came from.
Sam's Club!! I was shocked.

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

I recently heard or read someone say "i love cupcakes even though they are trendy right now".

How can little cakes be "trendy"? And if they are... consider me trendy since 1984.

Theresa said...

Yum! I'm going to be baking up like 30 of those bad-boys for Calvin's b-day! Wish i could just grab a few boxes of those. It would things so much easier. Also??? I LOVE your new header!!

Dani said...

I'm not a huge cupcake fan...but I love the look of them. They are so storybook-pretty.

Those look like treasures in a box. Which, I guess they are.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Oh, those look terrific! We have a traveling cupcake van in DC...I get so excited when it's near me. My recent favorite is raspberry lemonade...wish I had one now.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

They are little works of art. My downfall has always been the icing. My creations always look like the work of a 5-year old. This is something I've never mastered. I try to disguise the mess with a lot of sprinkles.

PS. I started "Good Grief" last night. So far, so good. Thanks for the suggestion.

Daphne said...

So pretty! I don't actually love eating cupcakes (not a big frosting fan) but I love the way they look!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

did one of your children make your new header?

mandy said...

makes me seriously miss the amazing cake shop in philly, brown betty's, they have the best chocolate cupcake ever...that's a tall order, but it's true.
$5?
for a whole box?
awesome!