Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random Thoughts

Summer is winding down so we've been school shopping and enjoying the last few weeks of sleeping in and lazy days. It's been quiet around here, which is good. But there are a few random things that have been on my mind lately.

*Jay and I look forward to watching True Blood every Sunday night. Then on Monday, we look forward to reading the weekly True Blood update over at i09. It's a hilarious pros and cons look at each episode and I love it. If you watch True Blood, you should definitely check out the update.

*Speaking of True Blood, I've been reading the latest Sookie book for what seems like forever now. I used to be able to look past the bad writing and corny plot lines, but I just don't care anymore. I think this is the last one I'll be reading.

*Earlier in the week I made these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies. They're amazing.

*Fred Armisen of Saturday Night Live is working on a sketch comedy show called Portlandia, to be made here in the city. (Read more about it here.) I'm excited to watch this so I may have to get over the fact that Fred Armisen totally skeeves me out.

*The Kids in the Hall are back! They have a new eight episode mini series showing on IFC beginning this Friday. This definitely brings back memories for me. When I was in high school I used to race home from the bus stop to catch this show on Comedy Central.

*Over the weekend my daughter dropped a Sigg-type water bottle on my big toe. It immediately swelled up and has been doing some disturbing things since then. Let's just say my big toe could guest star on True Blood and not need makeup.

*And now, I leave you with Catalog Living. Have you ever wondered what life is like for the people who live in your catalogs? Now you can find out.

(Wow. I just realized how TV-heavy this post is. See, I told you it's been slow around here.)

9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

OMG i think I peed a little in my pants. Catalog Living is hysterical. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Sadly I think I have most of these catalogs.

I have been having the most appropriate verication letters lately. this one is imamess. too funny....maybe I'm drunk but everything is making me laugh today.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

BTW, does your toe match your left thumb now? As in your left thumb on your header?

for some reason I am awfully silly today. sorry. could have been the gin at lunch.

Tammie said...

HA! i dont know why my left thumb looks like that. damn kids!

but yeah, thats kinda what my toe looks like.

i want to have lunch with you.

daphne said...

Poor toe!! I have been cracking up at your new header all week. :)

Dani said...

Thanks for the vegan cookie link. Gonna check it out, for sure.

LOVE the Kids! Me and my first boyfriend used to sit in my basement and watch it and then make-out. Because it's so romantic and mood-setting, you know.

Hope your toe feels better.

Dysfunctional Mom said...

I have been craving oatmeal raisin cookies. I have a couple of questions re: the recipe. What is pastry flour? Is that ordinary flour or something different? Also, how the heck do you plump raisins?
Yes, I could ask google these things, but you're smarter than google.

victoria said...

Holy shit! It took me, like 15 minutes of staring to "get" Catalog Living. I was thinking to myself, "what in the heck is this?" It is hilarious! I love it! August 9 is just funny funny funny!

Could your toe be broken?

I just read and see that Peggy and I have similar comments! :-))

Maria Rose said...

I've broken a few toes over the years, hope yours isn't broken, but maybe you can look forward to losing a toenail. Fingers crossed

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Quiet is good. I'd take quiet any day of the week. Your catalog living link is so funny. I'll have to let my imagination run a little wild while browsing through my pile of catalogs.