Wednesday, August 4, 2010

List Three: Free or Inexpensive Things That Make Me Happy

1. Spongebob Squarepants. I cannot begin to imagine life without Spongebob.

2. Rainy Days

3. The first cup of coffee in the morning

4. Sharpie Pens

5. Netflix

6. Mountains. I still get so excited when I'm driving and I see a mountain off in the distance. My children have already grown tired of me pointing out that mountain that, of course, never moves. I'm happy that seeing them is their everyday reality.

7. Toms ShoesAveraging about $50 a pair (but they can get much higher), this is definitely the most expensive thing on this list, but I wear them often and will probably do so until they have toe holes, so cost per wear is minimal. What is it I like about these so much? Maybe the non-fussy canvas? (These days I really try to avoid too much leather in my sneakers.) The fact that when you buy a pair they give a pair to a needy kid? I couldn't say, but I do love them. I love to see them on other people too, especially if they are all beat to hell and it's apparent that person loves their Toms as much as I love mine.

8. A new bottle of wine

9. Being in the car and hearing two favorite songs back to back

10. Fountain splashing. (We've been continuing our tour of Portland area fountains. These photos were taken at Jamison Square.) 11. Stationery

12. Taco Bell. I know, kinda gross. But I love the place.

13. Clean, line dried sheets.

14. Cake. Baking it and eating it.

15. The fact that, thanks to Bear in the Big Blue House, my daughter refers to the moon as 'Luna', and every night before bed has to look out her window in search of Luna.

8 comments:

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

Okay. You had me at Spongebob. He is the bane of my sis-in-law's existence, but I can't get enough of his funny laugh and expressive eyeballs.

Also, all the rest of this list is on MY list except for the Tom's. I've yet to try a pair. Are they really that great? I am stuck on my chuck taylors.

Oh, and Netflix. I am still working on my husband about this one. Long story.

Maria Rose said...

We eat a lot of Taco Bell too, they have vegan options. A semi-dark secret.

daphne said...

Because my dentist ran out of small toothbrushes, I now own a SpongeBob kid toothbrush (I have a small mouth and all my wisdom teeth -- need a small toothbrush). It cracks me up every time.

I love the Tom's! I might have to get a pair.

I also adore Sharpies (especially new ones), mountains, rainy days and favorite songs on the radio.

What a great list.

Not Hannah said...

Luna! (Falls over from the preciousness.)

Also, my love for Sharpies is deep and everlasting.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Rainy days, wine, stationery...I agree with so many of the things on your list. I've never tried Toms but yours is the second thing I've seen on them in two days...

Really loving your lists!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Line-dried sheets -- definitely on my list too. And a really steady rain coming down all day when there's no one home but me. Perfect.

Dani said...

How did I miss this yesterday?

Love Sharpies. I'm a teacher. We love all sorts of office supplies.

I'll admit to having a real strong love for Taco Bell that I suppress. It's so disgustingly good. When I was pregnant with The Girl I went on a Taco Bell bender and gained like 10 pounds in one month. I haven't had it since...but damn. I remember those days and smile.

lia said...

Ha! I remember Dani's Taco Bell bender, too! It's always a good time when Dani eats fast food.

Love Sharpies, wine, and Toms, but I don't think they look very good on me, so I don't have any.